Beyma 10CMV2 vs Faital 10FE200 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How can I determine what is the better option ?

My amp is 20w tube amp.

Beyma --- Faital
Fs 52 Hz 55 Hz

Re 5.9 ohm 5.9 ohm

Qms 3.8 11.3

Qes 0.47 0.74

Qts 0.42 0.70

Vas 44 l 53,4

Cms 216 µm/n 0.34 mm/N

Rms 3.7 kg / s 0.75 Kg/s

Xmax 6.5 mm 4.67 mm
Coil 38,1mm 37 mm

mmd 42g 21,2g

60-5000 Hz 50÷4500 Hz

Faital
10FE200_impedance_8.gif
10FE200_response_8.gif

Beyma

10CMV2-8.gif

Last edited:
What are your goals?

Do you require a flat response without DSP? Then do they work in the box size you have available with the low frequency extension and efficiency you require?
Does the lower xmax of the Faital allow for sufficient low frequency SPL?
Can you find data on harmonic distortion?
Which one has a lower inductance? (one of the properties that are related to distortion)
Do you need performance at f > 1 kHz? The Beyma has a cone resonance at 3 kHz.

The large difference in mms suggests that for this Beyma woofer, the engineers put more priority on low frequency perfomance as compared to this Faital.

Last edited:
What are your goals?

Do you require a flat response without DSP? Then do they work in the box size you have available with the low frequency extension and efficiency you require?
Does the lower xmax of the Faital allow for sufficient low frequency SPL?
Can you find data on harmonic distortion?
Which one has a lower inductance? (one of the properties that are related to distortion)
Do you need performance at f > 1 kHz? The Beyma has a cone resonance at 3 kHz.

The large difference in mms suggests that for this Beyma woofer, the engineers put more priority on low frequency perfomance as compared to this Faital.

two ways at 1800 khz.

Le Beyma 0.8mh Faital 0.42mh

I am a little worry with mmd faital 21g too soft but the rest of number seem good

If you're good at notch filters, go with the B&C. The 3kHz breakup needs taming, but other than that it looks pretty smooth.
The Faital Pro has breakup at more like 2kHz, which is close to the crossover frequency. Looks more benign, though, so might be easier to work with.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.