Home Built Infinity SM-155

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone!

I am kind of green still and am looking for help on building a speaker that will be the same as an Infinity SM-155.

See specifications below:

Power Rating - 10-300 Watts
Frequency Response - 29Hz to 27kHz within +/- 3dB
Crossover Frequency - 500Hz / 5500Hz
Efficiency - 102 dB SPL, 1 Watt / 1 Meter
Impedance- Compatible with 4 to 8 Ohms
Driver - 1 x 15" Woofer, 2 x 4.5" Midrange, 1 x 1" Tweeter
Dimensions - 17.75" Wide, 40.25" High, 12.5" Deep

Tone controls (mid, tweeter), auto-reset circuit breaker protection (mid & tweeter)
Port - Tuned Rear

I need help with the following:

1) driver selection
2) enclosure construction
3) crossover schematic design

It would also be great if someone with these speakers could comment on if there is bracing in the original speakers and what the port dimensions are.

Also is it possible to use a front slot port versus a rear port?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
This will be hard to duplicate. Mainly because some of the specs are simply impossible.

These 2 comes to mind. Each on their own are maybe believable. BUT not both at the same time.

How Infinty managed too claim these numbers are beyond my understanding, but I guess it was too match CV`s equally bloated specs.

Hi FE3T,

Thank you for the information. Out of the two I would prefer to have the frequency response and sacrifice efficiency.

Cheers,

This will be hard to duplicate. Mainly because some of the specs are simply impossible.

These 2 comes to mind. Each on their own are maybe believable. BUT not both at the same time.

How Infinty managed too claim these numbers are beyond my understanding, but I guess it was too match CV`s equally bloated specs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.