Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Looking for a euphoric mid-range driver - polymer driver?
Looking for a euphoric mid-range driver - polymer driver?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2018, 04:21 PM   #51
bugeyed is offline bugeyed  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchneck View Post
Hi,

I think this might also be useful to me to have more of a rich, 'wet', creamy and non-fatiguing mid range.

Thanks
That's how the midrange of my Cremona sounds & they use paper cone drivers. Well, not sure about the "wet, creamy" part, but rich & non fatiguing for sure. Scanspeak 15M/4531K Revelator 5.5" Midrange
Kev
Old 7th December 2018, 07:04 PM   #52
jtgofish is offline jtgofish
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchneck View Post
Looks like I've just found an answer from Troels:

"The hard-pressed paper cone of the Satori MW16 does its thing and appear to have a dynamic headroom on par with my beloved AT 18H driver from the ATS-4. It sounds different, because paper sounds different than polyprop. And there's no point in describing it, because you won't know what it means until you've heard it yourself from two well-tuned speaker systems. It's a matter of taste."

SBAcoustics 10

Transient response and dynamics are reported as being excellent - despite it being ported. Maybe this is the speaker I should build... I just prefer the (simpler?) Jeff Bagby crossover.

I built the 3 way Kairos too but cannot recommend it.The two way sounds better.The SB 10 inch woofer is a very soggy sounding driver and has poor timing. I suspect the Troels SB 10 would be much the same.Really it is more of a subwoofer-.moving mass is too high and force factor too low.I am still working on finding a faster and more textured sounding replacement.Unfortunately a lot of modern woofers sound like that.
Old 8th December 2018, 12:36 PM   #53
Mattes is offline Mattes  Germany
diyAudio Member

Dear all,

though I have no affilation whatsoever with AUDAX or TLHP, it might be interesting to know that many Audax drivers are back in production and are available at toutlehautparleur.com, and yes, they can communicate in English, too...

All the best

Mattes

Looking for a euphoric mid-range driver - polymer driver?Hide this!Advertise here!