Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Open Source "Tower XL"
Open Source "Tower XL"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2018, 09:34 AM   #791
Paul Vancluysen is offline Paul Vancluysen  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Merry Christmas
Old 26th December 2018, 12:38 AM   #792
LORDSANSUI is offline LORDSANSUI  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Merry Christmas
Old 27th December 2018, 05:45 AM   #793
speekas is offline speekas  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatto View Post
I recieved the other HF107 over the weekend, it has been shipped in different packages but the guys at speakerdirect were very helpful.
HF107 looks very well built as you would expect from Faital, it is a big CD and has some weight to it, I dont have my DATS with me at the moment, but we will do some measurements soon.
what was more impressive was build quiality of STH100, solid aluminum piece (casted of course) looks heavy duty, I will post some pics
Sorry for the delay on the 1pc. Yeah. Those horns are beauties! Oh yes, and its SpeakerAddict 😎

Check out the top end on the new hf111

FaitalPRO | HF Drivers | HF111

Also, we can work out a group buy on the drivers for the project if many people want to build some. Just brought in a couple pallets of mylar caps, air core coils and resistors as well
Old 27th December 2018, 05:23 PM   #794
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member

Open Source "Tower XL"
hey speekas, that is good news, thanks for the support

I m busy with the holidays and I imagine others are as well, I haven't done much recently, Gable(pcgab) had plans for holidays as well as far as I know, we will be back on the track after holidays
Old 4th January 2019, 02:58 PM   #795
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

Open Source "Tower XL"
HF111 looks really smooth.
Not the same low end as the HF107, but it does seem more "well behaved", resonant behaviour is reduced down low, might work well to 1800hz with a 4th order filter?
But 3rd order at 2200-2600hz might be better.

Open Source "Tower XL"Hide this!Advertise here!