Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Open Source "Tower XL"
Open Source "Tower XL"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th October 2018, 07:56 PM   #381
arcgotic is offline arcgotic  Romania
diyAudio Member

BMS 4524 Overview
Used in ZERO 1 XD - Avantgarde Acoustic Hornloudspeaker
Very good CD for the money! I liked it a lot..
Old 26th October 2018, 02:23 AM   #382
Brett is offline Brett
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatto View Post
hmm, I haven't heard a CD that I would quite like, maybe they were bad designs but in my experience they don't sound as detailed as a good tweeter.
My experience is exactly the opposite. I haven't heard a decent dome in ages, compared to good CDs. Better dispersion control with CDs too.
Old 26th October 2018, 03:53 AM   #383
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member

Open Source "Tower XL"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennwa View Post
With a bit of luck, one prototype is enough. With a bit more luck, the prototype can be tweaked to the final design without too much work.
huh, I was hoping to get away with one build, it does not worth it to order the cabs and then realize if we need to change something, I will wait until I get the drivers and start measuring then
Old 26th October 2018, 03:57 AM   #384
diyAudio Member

Open Source "Tower XL"
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcgotic View Post
BMS 4524 Overview
Used in ZERO 1 XD - Avantgarde Acoustic Hornloudspeaker
Very good CD for the money! I liked it a lot..
that is interesting but unfortunately can't find a dealer here in US or a dealer that ships to US w reasonable price.

i came across this tho : 1 Paar Tractrix Holzhrner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
My experience is exactly the opposite. I haven't heard a decent dome in ages, compared to good CDs. Better dispersion control with CDs too.
huh so that was my experience then, some CDs have been mentioned here before some JBLs if i remember, I wonder what other guys think ?
Old 26th October 2018, 04:20 AM   #385
diyAudio Member

Open Source "Tower XL"
I still think the Morel CAT378 is a good choice but I m totally open if we go with CD as well, if I remember correctly JBL Selenium D220Ti was also mentioned before, good curves and good price! horn for mentioned CD : Selenium HM17-25, this one is interesting Dayton Audio H08RW 8" Round Waveguide 1-3/8"-18 TPI it is a 8" waveguide for CD and it is 8", it looks good with 8" midrange

Last edited by Aatto; 26th October 2018 at 04:26 AM.
Old 26th October 2018, 01:05 PM   #386
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

Open Source "Tower XL"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatto View Post
huh, I was hoping to get away with one build, it does not worth it to order the cabs and then realize if we need to change something, I will wait until I get the drivers and start measuring then
Some of us have high expectations for this design. :-)
General nitpicking, fiddling with various details, followed by further tweaking is to be expected.
Old 26th October 2018, 01:21 PM   #387
diyAudio Member

Open Source "Tower XL"
haha same here hoping for no changes in cabinets tho

any comments on CD ?
Old 26th October 2018, 02:53 PM   #388
Audio Elite is offline Audio Elite  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Faital HF10AK best tweeter period for a 3 way, it is clean airy and sweet! I think the horn is the ST100 that i used.
Old 26th October 2018, 03:02 PM   #389
Wright is offline Wright  United States
diyAudio Member

Also see here for inspiration: The-Loudspeaker. Have seen several positive posts about that particular waveguide, although I believe that matching the exit angle of the CD to the throat angle of the waveguide/horn is fairly important, so a complimentary pairing needs to be chosen. (note: not an expert here)
Old 26th October 2018, 04:33 PM   #390
Jonasz is offline Jonasz  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Elite View Post
Faital HF10AK best tweeter period for a 3 way, it is clean airy and sweet! I think the horn is the ST100 that i used.
I vote for this one too.

Open Source "Tower XL"Hide this!Advertise here!