Hi there! Anyone help me not try to badly reinvent the wheel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A big hello to all qualified adults,

I'm bright enough to know how dumb I am and am looking for some advice on a custom creation.

I live on a boat I have fitted out myself that is fundamentally 12 volt. Charging is solar but inevitably, power can be limited. When 240 AC is required, I have a sine wave inverter, but DC usually offers best efficiency.

The main stereo i use is an SMSL SA-36A (25W RMS) powering 2 pairs of 100W bookshelf speakers wired to match ohmage.

These work well to give great sound at low to medium volumes which is 90% of the time.

But- I dj and like things a bit louder. So here comes the need for qualified adults- I'm thinking a passive crossover with rca in and dual rca out and a 1-200W active sub will allow me to make the most of the current amp and speakers to handle the low mid upwards and the active sub to handle the bass and sub.

Are there flaws in my thinking? And, can anyone recommend a suitable crossover and active sub?

Hope the question isn't too stupid, or I haven't opened a can marked 'worms'.

Looking forward to hearing some wisdom!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.