Ribbon Crossovers: Need help...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes its actually a good tweeter within its range, and IMO the design of the magnet/pole parts and the diaphragm are actually quite impressive. It may be a cheap looking execution BUT the design details of the parts that matter are unique and well done.

If I still had a pair I would probably try modifying by adding to the horn enough to extend its low end response a bit

yes I would try making the horn a bit bigger. Idea is to get a more robust output down to maybe 3K hz if possible.

I have done this with a few ribbons and the results have been good. Didnt make tru horns but just larger "wave guides". No formulas or theory. I just set up measurement system and used cardboard cutouts and duct tape till I got a size shape that gave a good result. These gave the boost at lower end without too much loss at higher freq.

the larger deeper "horn" would set the ribbon back farther which will likely bring ribbon closer to the cones voice coil position which is a better time alignment.

The only concern with going a bit lower with that design is the transformer. Its quite small and its core may not be able to handle the power.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.