DIY High End Studio Monitors

It depends on which Dayton speaker you want to talk about.
The "RS225-8" model is a speaker designed for a two-way speaker. It has a rather high MMS and a rather small BL, which automatically leads to a rather high inertia and a not very precise reproduction of the transients. It is a compromise solution for a two-way speaker.
I make three-way speakers, and I found speakers better suited to my design.
By the way, I do not recommend using this speaker over 1.4KHz.
His biggest problem is that he stores a lot of energy.
It's not a bad speaker, but it's certainly not one of the best.
Thank you :) It was exactly that one :)

The idea of using the RS225-8, was to make a diy copy of the Dutch and Dutch 8C, crossed around 1200hz with an 8" waveguide on a SB26ADC.

I would not use SB26ADC-C000-4. I had very bad experiences with them.
They have a very poor quality construction, I burned four pieces during the tests. At SPL over 102 dB they heat up and the glue dissolves ...
I do not recommend them.
However, even the sound is not very good, the level of details is poor.

For me, the diamond tweeter is kind of ridiculous - unless I was sweating money :D

Bliesma T25B could be an option in an Augerpro waveguide. Cant see the point in having a tweeter play all over the place, when I clearly never enjoyed a speaker without an even power response.

How did you burn them? I burned one tweeter in my life.... because I foolishly made a sweep from 20hz with a bit of volume in my fully active system - very quick death of that one :D

I found the SB26CDC tweeter to be quite excellent, especially for its price... Many have said that the SB26ADC is very similar in character and performance.

I found the Satori TW29TXB-N to have a slightly higher level of performance, subjectively. The measurements were not that different, but I hear a slightly more natural sound, more detail. This tweeter is more than 4x the price of the SB26CDC...

I would not use SB26ADC-C000-4. I had very bad experiences with them.
They have a very poor quality construction, I burned four pieces during the tests. At SPL over 102 dB they heat up and the glue dissolves ...
I do not recommend them.
However, even the sound is not very good, the level of details is poor.

My experience was quite different than yours.

J.