Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Open source speaker project - Part II
Open source speaker project - Part II
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Design Goal
Classic -Amp Friendly- Hi Sensitivity (92db+), Higher Bass Ext (f3 40-45Hz), Cabinet Size 60-80 18 17.82%
Classic -Bass Friendly- Deep Bass (f3 35-40Hz), Lower Sensitivity (88db+), Cabinet Size 80-110 10 9.90%
Classic XL -Amp and Bass Friendly- Hi Sensitivity (92db+), Deep Bass (f3 35-40Hz), Cabinet size 100+ 12 11.88%
Tower -Amp Friendly- Hi Sensitivity (92db+), Higher Bass Ext (f3 40-45Hz), Cabinet Size 60-80 13 12.87%
Tower -Bass Friendly- Deep Bass (f3 35-40Hz), Lower Sensitivity (88db+) , Cabinet Size 80-110 21 20.79%
Tower XL -Amp and Bass Friendly- Hi Sensitivity (92db+), Deep Bass (f3 35-40Hz), Cabinet size 100+ 27 26.73%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th September 2018, 10:37 AM   #61
andy19191 is offline andy19191  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordikai View Post
What you say is probably true, that is why we see so many tiny speaker projects that one or two people make with some of the popular ones being built by many. This however does not negate the need for a few large projects for the few that want them.
Indeed but are they suitable for group projects rather than personal projects? From the few you need to find enough people with sufficient design interest and/or sufficient build interest to form a group. Opting for a design with a high demand rather than one with low demand will increase the chances of this happening.
Old 14th September 2018, 01:41 PM   #62
mordikai is offline mordikai  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mordikai
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennwa View Post
Last time I asked her about the looks of the new speakers I ended up covering them with sheets of "rotten" brass. Had to leave the brass in the garden for a few months to get the right level of oxidation. Aurichal | HiFi-Bau Brennwald
Wow, well done! You're on a different level then I, mine will ply boxes with milk paint. I will let the wife and kids pick the color.
Old 14th September 2018, 01:44 PM   #63
mordikai is offline mordikai  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mordikai
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy19191 View Post
Indeed but are they suitable for group projects rather than personal projects? From the few you need to find enough people with sufficient design interest and/or sufficient build interest to form a group. Opting for a design with a high demand rather than one with low demand will increase the chances of this happening.
You're always gonna be right on this one, I just want a giant speaker project and don't have the capabilities to design myself.
Old 14th September 2018, 03:11 PM   #64
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennwa View Post
That was painful. I first tried some expensive "high quality" mounting adhesive from a shop that was recommended to me by a professional carpenter. That was crap, even ketchup would have been better. Then I tried the cheap stuff from the DIY store, worked perfectly.
I understand, one of those "I 'll never do that again" projects, but it was worth it, it's unique IMO no matter how an speaker is good sounding and perfect, i can't just overlook the design and just enjoy it.

Last edited by Aatto; 14th September 2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 14th September 2018, 03:59 PM   #65
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Wow, the Monkey Box lovers are getting out of their bush!
Old 15th September 2018, 02:36 AM   #66
diyAudio Member

Still have 3 days left
Old 16th September 2018, 06:54 AM   #67
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
diyAudio Member

People do seem to want high sensitivity on their next build.
Old 16th September 2018, 04:14 PM   #68
diyAudio Member

YES
Old 17th September 2018, 06:12 AM   #69
dabenza is offline dabenza  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Old 17th September 2018, 07:24 AM   #70
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Yes. And I am surprised how many are willing / able to go full in with a huge speaker! I wouldn''t even think dare to ask...

Open source speaker project - Part IIHide this!Advertise here!