POLL: would you like a dedicated ACOUSTICS section? Yes/No

Would you like a dedicated ACOUSTICS section?

• Yes.

Votes: 204 91.9%
  • No.

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello,
I start this poll to ask if there could be an interest in a new section about ACOUSTICS within Diyaudio forum.

I know several members including myself could see a real benefit from this and this could help to have everything covered into a dedicated place rather than looking through the different loudspeakers related thread for information.

This poll is informative only so don t expect it to mandatory end as a new forum section appearing soon (or ever).
This could happen or not as final decision will stay under control of the administrator/ moderator team.

That said if we ( as members) doesn t show an interest this isn t going to happen by itself so here it is.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ok so here is my point of view about that: i m definitely in favour of it as trying to figure out informations about is tedious and spread over fairly different threads and subsections in the different loudspeaker subsections.

This can be really tedious to find info. Once the subject come into play this almost always make the thread going off topic too ( i'm guilty! I know...) which may be interesting or not at all!

This is a fact we have in the community some acousticians and members which have some very interesting point about that too and it may be fine to discuss this in a defined place and keeps other clean.

It could help everyone to better refine the choice made in projects to have an enjoyable experience as an outcome...

Well, i vote yes!
;)

Edit: i've open the poll for 4 weeks as i don t think it needs any longer.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I think acoustics theory, practical implementations, realisations, studies,etc,etc,...

But this is my view and the 'reason d etre' of this thread, talking about what it could be and what could be gained for us as a community ( or not).

I know some moderators will give theyr point of view about it too.

There is no rush about it and as stated this is informative.

So give your opinion about it and the way YOU see it could be.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, psycho acoustic could be part of it ( well it is part of it ), room treatments, strategies deployed in domestic room or pro audio, the relation between them and differences, how we could achieve good reproduction in our room relative to our loudspeakers, why it could or could not work,...

How to build some room treatment ( bass trap, diffusors, etc,etc,...).
I think that theory helps too and explaining/ questioning it...
We have sometimes strong bias toward an ideal and having diverging opinions about them help in gaining knowledge in my view.

I vote 'yes!' It has always surprised me that there is no dedicated forum for topics such as room acoustics or treatment. These are areas of audio with uncontroversially (one would hope) audible consequences and ones that are also relatively amenable to DIY experimentation.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It has been discussed over the years, but never happened. Mostly the desire has been for a section on room acoustics and treatment, but there's no reason that other aucoustic matters couldn't go there.

I'm all for it. It a topic that should get a lot more attention. The room is important!

Status
Not open for further replies.