POLL: would you like a dedicated ACOUSTICS section? Yes/No

Would you like a dedicated ACOUSTICS section?

• Yes.

Votes: 204 91.9%
  • No.

Votes: 18 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All for it (of course). There are a lot of speaker-related subjects that just don't fit exclusively into any of the four speaker categories that currently have forums. Speaker room replacement, toe-in, ambience or ceiling splash enhancement, design for against-wall, speaker measurement techniques(!), diffusers, absorbers - here are a LOT of people who DIY absorbers!

I voted yes,

With advancing sound technology, advances in medical technology as far as hearing and what it heard...psycho-acoustics and such it would make sense to split it out. It would be helpful for those of us that have a system built but then want to optimize the room, the setup or ways to improve the processing etc.

I voted yes. Small room acoustics deserves its own forum. There's little reason to spend a lot of money on costly gear if the room itself will never give speakers / equipment a reasonable chance to show the potential.

Most of advertised so called bass traps become increasingly useless under 200 Hz or so. Hey, there's another 3 octaves below that to care about ...
So, variations in measured frequency response at LP of some +/- 15 dB, or even worse, below about 350 Hz aren't because of poor gear but due to the room itself, positioning of speakers or LP, combination of these and lack of proper knowledge and effective acoustical remedies.

Yes, psycho acoustic could be part of it ( well it is part of it )....

Just what non-trivial part of audible-band acoustics isn't psychoacoustics?* At least as relevant to life on Earth and/or membership in this forum?

Yes, I'm one of those asking for this sub-forum topic for some time too. While mostly a sub-woofer topic, not exclusively.

B.
*OK, maybe there are there audible-band jewelry cleaners? Submarine detectors? Horse whistles?

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Tromperie,
Well maybe you are right but i'm sure the help of willing people could just debug the myths, no?
As long as we don't see guys popping up to sell a piece of rock or other strangely shaped object to 'purify' the audio waveforms we should be ok. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.