frequency graphs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
please can someone enlighten me to the frequency scale of this graph after 10KHz. the peak is off scale and I am totally confused .

Attachments

• SEAS 27TBCD-GB-DXT.PNG
    SEAS 27TBCD-GB-DXT.PNG
    44.6 KB · Views: 182
Using the vertical line for the 10,000 Hz (10 kHz) frequency as a reference, the next three vertical lines to the right are for 20 kHz, 30 kHz and 40 kHz, respectively, with the 40 kHz line forming the right edge of the graph.
Paul

please can someone enlighten me to the frequency scale of this graph after 10KHz. the peak is off scale and I am totally confused .

Most music is sampled at either 44.1 or 48 kHz and it cannot contain sound above half its sample rate (22.05 / 24 kHz), so that peak is not an issue. During the analog-digital conversion most stuff between 20 kHz and half the sample rate is also removed.

Most music is sampled at either 44.1 or 48 kHz and it cannot contain sound above half its sample rate (22.05 / 24 kHz), so that peak is not an issue. During the analog-digital conversion most stuff between 20 kHz and half the sample rate is also removed.

I cant hear above 9KHz anyway. I am 61 and abused my ears for years playing electric guitar and being a mobile DJ.

How the bloody hell did you know that? Have you memorised the graph? It’s very similar to other Seas tweeters lol
It's very different to other Seas tweeters, primarily being that the DXT is about 5dB more sensitive from 1.5-6kHz due to the waveguide faceplate, compared to a flat faceplate tweeter.

If you ran it without filtering it's response back to flat it would sound very shouty as the ~3-5kHz region is almost 10dB louder than 20kHz. Once you shape it back to flat, the distortion from 1.5-6kHz becomes lower than a flat faceplate tweeter as it is operating more efficiently.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.