Which 2 inch compression motor ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i would say better Beyma CP-850Nd Or Beyma CP800Ti which has more power also 18 Sound ND4015Ti2 is very strong. Beyma CP800Ti from my expereence has an excelent sound very nice clean sound and very detailed and strong mids. When you play quality music tech house or acapellas without many peaks like EDM music... is not hard sounding and more details than other compresors drivers. Produse realistic sound but not plesant every sound music. The harmonics distortions (2nd - 3ed) from (BMS 4591 , Beyma CP800Ti , 18 Sound ND4015Ti2, B&C DE1085TN) are in same class with very small differences... So Beyma clean realistic sound but if you play bad quality music you will here hard sound with details , BMS has pleasant sound in every music as B&C with good details 18 sound i dont know but for sure good quality sound... For so low crossover use best driver gonna be BMS handles higher power and sound pressure from 500 even 300 hz. But better BMS mid driver is 4599HE extream strong.

i would say better Beyma CP-850Nd Or Beyma CP800Ti which has more power also 18 Sound ND4015Ti2 is very strong. Beyma CP800Ti from my expereence has an excelent sound very nice clean sound and very detailed and strong mids. When you play quality music tech house or acapellas without many peaks like EDM music... is not hard sounding and more details than other compresors drivers. Produse realistic sound but not plesant every sound music. The harmonics distortions (2nd - 3ed) from (BMS 4591 , Beyma CP800Ti , 18 Sound ND4015Ti2, B&C DE1085TN) are in same class with very small differences... So Beyma clean realistic sound but if you play bad quality music you will here hard sound with details , BMS has pleasant sound in every music as B&C with good details 18 sound i dont know but for sure good quality sound... For so low crossover use best driver gonna be BMS handles higher power and sound pressure from 500 even 300 hz. But better BMS mid driver is 4599HE extream strong.
Thank you for your opinion based on a very good experience. I will look at the Beyma CP800Ti for several reasons:
- its not too high price
- its coil diameter 4 "
- its excelent very nice its own and very detailed mediums (your message)
- minimum crossover recommended 500Hz
This driver is designed to improve my hi fi which currently includes an active filter diy, a Onken diy (Beyma SM115), medium-high diy (Beyme 8MI100 and CP21F), two amplifiers P3A diy.
I'll go 3-way by adding an amp P101 (medium), I keep Onken (<500 Hz) and I added a driver + pavilion multicelluaire (500-3000 Hz) and a driver + horn Tractrix (3000-20000Hz) .
I can adjust the crossover frequencies on my filter.
I am not looking for sound power but the quality of sound. I am currently very satisfied with my hi fi channel but I find that the 8MI100 produces a sound a little hard and that treble lack of finesse.
I read on the web that titanium diaphragms sound harder than polyester diaphragms, is that right?

Most 2" behave very well to only 3000 Hz. Look at the bottom end with low fs for example like a pure midrange driver. I'm pretty sure you can cross somewhere in the 300-400 Hz range with very good result.
Thank you for your reply. Congratulations on the manufacture of your multi-cellular pavilion and its description here on this forum. It's really a very beautiful achievement.
I will embark on this fabrication using birch plywood 3 ply 3mm. I will make the adapter for a 2 "driver and will run it between 500 to 3000Hz.
I cut at 3000Hz because you say that beyond 3000 there are problems for the sound.

Beyme 8MI100 is good from 200 to 1800 - 2 khz after 2 khz every mid driver or midbass profesional driver is beaming or peaks harder... you must buy a closed back mid driver as 6MCF200Nd you gonna have lower distortion after 3 khz than regular midrange drivers but even other closed back drivers from other manufacturers as RCF MR8N301, B&C 8NSM64 dont play that good after 3 khz...

The best for you is Beyma SM115 as a low midbass, midrage BMS 4591 or Beyma CP800Ti if crossed is 650hz - 700hz (becase it is have big harmonics distrotion down 700hz) and highs a 1" driver as B&C DE550, Beyma CD-10NdN, Faital Pro HF108R or if you want to go more than 18 khz BMS 4540ND, no this CP21F supper tweeter. So you dont need midrage driver... which gonna beaming some, even the best one after 3 khz... 3 khz is not midrage, is middle treble and you will take much better sound than a 1" driver. Also you must make a 2" horn with low cutoff frequency or buy 1 like JBL 2386 from ebay cheap with cutoff frequency (lowest) 400 hz but this horn is 40 x 20.

I told BMS 4591 has polyester diaphragm make pleasant (no hard) every sound with very good details. Beyma 2" is titanium. In midrange 700 - 800hz and up and treble until 12 khz you gonna have very clean sound but some harder when dont play quality music (but with details) it only beams a very little after 13-14 khz and up (you gonna use it until 3000 khz so no problem). Also this beyma is very resistant for many years even push it hard. But for your aplication gonna be BMS 4591 some better from any other compressor driver.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. I can set the cutoff frequency of the active filter at 750Hz or 880Hz, the SM115 can easily go so far. If I understood you correctly, I leave on:
20-750 (880) Hz -> onken with SM115N
750 (880) - 3000Hz -> Beyma CP800Ti + multicellular horn
> 3000Hz -> driver 1 "+ horn Tractrix
I take note for the driver 1 "B & C DE550, Beyma CD-10NdN, Faital Pro HF108R What do you think of the Beyma CP380 and what driver 1" would you ride in HF?

cordially

Beyma CP380 is great driver has very low distrotion also is very cheap must be your choice. SM115 must play from 35 or 40 hz until 750-850. Its FS is 35 hz down from this point gonna be difficult for this driver to produce well this frequences (down from 35hz) or you will go 4 way and put a subwoofer.

The multicell horn will benifit from using the BMS 4591. It has smooth response and output way over an octave above 3000 Hz. The reason I gave the 500-3000 Hz recomendation was due to the drivers I used. JBL 2202 midbass horn, 2445 multicell and B&C de25. It is all about the system. Please do yourself a favour and get the BMS 4591. The multicell is no god above 4500 Hz, so you really dont ned the nice highs of the Beyma. You need low end extension to fully get use of the large multicell horn.

Thank you for your opinion. My choice announced here is not definitive. I'm very interested for some time by the 4591. I heard a lot of good on the 4591 and its specifications are very interesting, the recommended min crossover is 300Hz, I can adjust my active filter at 500Hz. I heard the 1 inch BMS 4550 high medium from a friend and I liked the sound neutral, natural, accurate. So your advice makes me change my mind and look towards 4591.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.