project MIVOC SB 25 JM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to build some economic coffers, but of decent musical quality.
I found the project in question on the Internet, but reading the instructions, I realized that there are 2 ways of construction:
1 transmission line
2 bass reflex
now I would like to know which of the 2 versions is better on bass, or possibly the difference in sound (transients, bass, etc ...) between the 2 types.

Also I found a version reduced in size, related to this project at the following link:
Lautsprecher
on which I have doubts about the operation, especially as an alternative.
How is it possible to use a closed box drive and another in bass reflex (as I understand the use) using the same crossover?
If someone to some project or idea to improve the project, even with a small increase in spending give me the link?
Has anyone created this project? and how does it sound?
thank you

The kit in itself is impressive regarding the price of 45€/one loudspeaker. It contains 3 drivers, crossover filter, wires, screws, damping and a terminal post. How does it sound is unknown to me and there is a hint in the project description that there are some mods to the crossover filter proposed by the magazine that made a review. Get yourself a copy of that magazine issue and then decide.

now I would like to know which of the 2 versions is better on bass

The tuning frequency of both versions is around 40 Hz and I wouldn't expect much difference in bass output. But cabinet size of 30 versus 60 liters is quite a difference. Whether or not it's worth to build the TL version is difficult to say. :dunno:

I only have read very positive comments from builders so far. Value for money of the Mivoc SB26JM kit seems to be outstanding.

The crossover modification proposed by HOBBY HiFi is only a slight adjustment in the tweeter section consisting of two components. It is documented in the official pdf: https://www.mivoc.com/gs/media/products/11700250_SB25JM_Manual_Web.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.