Dayton RS225-8 upgrade for Statement II's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These Peerless woofers have less Xmax than the Dayton RS225's so they will not go louder. With your current largely sized and low tuned cabinets, Xmax is limiting and not thermal power handling.

I'm not sure I understand this theory, a speaker with 3db more sensitivity, over twice the rated power handling, and a lower Qts will not be louder? I don't think Xmas is the only limiting factor, are you taking into account the mechanical and electrical factors of the "suspension"? QeS, Qms?

I really wonder if the problem is not your speakers but your amplifier struggling to deliver enough current into the 3 ohm-ish load.A lot of amps do not like driving two nominal 8 ohm woofers wired in parallel.Especially if the music you are listening to has artificial /processed sort of bass.

I really wonder if the problem is not your speakers but your amplifier struggling to deliver enough current into the 3 ohm-ish load.A lot of amps do not like driving two nominal 8 ohm woofers wired in parallel.Especially if the music you are listening to has artificial /processed sort of bass.

I don't think it's the amp, sounded like excursion distortion to me. The amp is a Aragon 8008bb, a 68Lb beast that is just running the 2 8" drivers in each tower, I put all new caps in it when I bought it about 2 years ago. A Parasound amp is running the mids and highs.

I don't think it's the amp, sounded like excursion distortion to me. The amp is a Aragon 8008bb, a 68Lb beast that is just running the 2 8" drivers in each tower, I put all new caps in it when I bought it about 2 years ago. A Parasound amp is running the mids and highs.

In that case you probably need much larger and higher sensitivity [around 100db/watt] drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.