Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Crossover exercise !
Crossover exercise !
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th September 2018, 06:00 PM   #31
Aatto is offline Aatto  United States
diyAudio Member

Crossover exercise !
Default One more...

haha, I m not actually gonna invest into it until I get things right and i m not in a hurry, just a goal for now, anyhow I m not going to bore you with sending a crossover after another one, I will comeback when I have better understanding, one question tho, I used Jeff Bagby Crossover Design sheet this time, all 2nd order LR, at 250Hz and 2000Hz, with mentioned drivers, in JB XO sheet if I introduce 3cm z offset between tweeter and woofer (acoustic offset) and reverse the tweeter I can get rid of dip caused by the offset and get a flatish FR (work in progress) but when I simulate it in xsim, everything looks good until I add 3cm to tweeter, reversing the polarity in xsim does not behave as it does in JB XO Sheet. am I missing something here ?
sorry bout all noob Qs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg afasfaf.JPG (318.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 19th September 2018, 09:03 AM   #32
sesebe is offline sesebe  Romania
diyAudio Member

Going with the impedance under 4 ohm will destroy your amplifier.
Decrease C5 value and increase L5 value (L5>=8mH).
Increase L3 value and decrease C3 value.

Play with the values on these components until you get the desired shape but taking care to the impedance to be over 4ohm.
Old 19th September 2018, 06:57 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Crossover exercise !
I appreciate it sesebe, yes you are right, my whole approach toward this was completely wrong and I did bored people with my novice questions, but I did study more about this and will continue to, I will be back when i think i have more confidence.
Old 19th September 2018, 07:03 PM   #34
Juhazi is offline Juhazi  Finland
diyAudio Member

Low impedance seems to be allowed, if the speaker is expensive enough, in six-digit class!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 20th September 2018, 04:53 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Crossover exercise !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhazi View Post
Low impedance seems to be allowed, if the speaker is expensive enough, in six-digit class!
haha thanks, I will start looking for Impedance/Price Tag ratio curve then .
Old 20th September 2018, 09:05 AM   #36
Dave Bullet is offline Dave Bullet  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Here's my 3 way "so far". it's taken a while to get to this point. You have to be persistent.
Attached Images
File Type: png LR2 and LR4 - 20180920.png (97.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 20th September 2018, 09:07 AM   #37
Dave Bullet is offline Dave Bullet  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I find 2nd order acoustic W-M provides higher impedance. I gave up on 4th order here regarding impedance. It was easier to make 2nd order work with phase tracking then 4th order impedance.
Old 20th September 2018, 03:35 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Crossover exercise !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bullet View Post
Here's my 3 way "so far". it's taken a while to get to this point. You have to be persistent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bullet View Post
I find 2nd order acoustic W-M provides higher impedance. I gave up on 4th order here regarding impedance. It was easier to make 2nd order work with phase tracking then 4th order impedance.
very interesting, this helps a lot, thanks.

Crossover exercise !Hide this!Advertise here!