Dayton Audio DSP-408 4x8 DSP Digital Signal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It looks like it is made for car stereo, since they have added a wired remote and wiring with typical car fuse.
When I googled it, there was also talk about smaller dealy, bandwidth and overall less specs than minidsp.
I think it's just another cheap DSP for the low price market - which is fine - but do mind the specs in detail, when buying this stuff - maybe it's fine for your use and maybe it simply not good enough.
Maybe the software is better for the minidsp aswell. Without good software you easily have a dead box ;)

Be interesting to hear view on how this compares to the minidsp c-dsp 6x8. Thinking about using it for a stereo 4 way crossover/equaliser, the other alternative is a micro pc (Lenovo thinkcentre m93p) plus xonar u7 usb soundcard and then equilizer app/peace for dsp as my main source is streaming services.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
I purchased one but sent it back after a frustrating go'round with their technical support department.

The unit does not execute basic crossovers correctly. If you look back a few months on their review page you'll see my plots explaining the problem. Apparently there was nobody at Parts Express able to understand the issue, let alone fix it.

Dave.

The problem appears to have been solved:

Response from Parts Express “The Linkwitz- Riley crossover slope issue has been corrected with the latest software/firmware update. Please see the link above under "Manuals and Resources" or visit Dayton Audio DSP-408 4x8 DSP Digital Signal Processor for Home and Car Audio to update your DSP-408. Thank You “
Reply to review of Jamison R on February 4, 2019
Dayton Audio DSP-408 4x8 DSP Digital Signal Processor for Home and Car Audio

Account Closed
Joined 2001
I wouldn't be convinced they've fixed this issue unless I tested it myself.

During my discussion with tech-support they sent me an updated firmware file that supposedly fixed the issue, but it didn't. At that point I figured I'd wasted enough time on the unit and sent it back.
The primary application for this unit seems to be auto usage, and I'm not sure most users would even notice this problem or even have the ability to test for it.

Dave.

In pro audio world it is quite difficult to find versatile converter from USB interface to TOSLINK,same how it is not popular down there.

If I'm not mistaking but TOSLINK covers all popular audio formats from 44.1kHz-192 kHz with no noise issues.

Can anybody recommend quality USB-TOSLINK interface....

Joined 2007
Paid Member
In pro audio world it is quite difficult to find versatile converter from USB interface to TOSLINK,same how it is not popular down there.

If I'm not mistaking but TOSLINK covers all popular audio formats from 44.1kHz-192 kHz with no noise issues.

Can anybody recommend quality USB-TOSLINK interface....

I use a very basic Delock 5.1 usb sound card:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delock-USB...0084CGO88/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

it requires an adaptor that takes the optical signal out of the jack socket and converts to the square connector. Very cheap and works on windows and my android phone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.