Which power amplification for different powered speakers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good! I was sure you would have taken care when mounting the drivers, but wanted to eliminate that as a factor which might be causing the resonance effect.

You say that the resonance effect occurs at a very specific frequency, but don't know which one it is.

At least you must be able to tell whether the resonance occurs at a low, middle or high frequency.

Listen carefully to the low, middle and high frequency drivers to discover in which frequency band the resonance is happening.

Apart from the possibility of a faulty driver, we are back to suspecting that your inexpensive amplifier module may be to blame.

The way to eliminate that possibility would be by substituting another amp module.

I just found it.

I do not recommend this amp for battery operation.

You would also have to buy heatsinks for the power transistors and this would cost extra money.

Attachments

• Example of a Heatsink.gif
    Example of a Heatsink.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 33
I don't have others amp for doing this. And to be honest I don't know how to test a speaker exept by listening to it.

I'm only asking you to listen to it.

However, in order to test it, you would have to disconnect the Faital driver from the crossover board then connect it to an amplifier other than your class D module.

Connecting the driver to the headphone output from a radio, mp3 player or mobile phone would serve as a test.

I'm afraid I can offer no more advice - either the Faital driver or the class D module could be to blame for your problem.

Thanks for helping me.

Thank you.

Without actually being there to listen to your problem, it is very difficult to understand (a) what the problem is, and, (b) what the solution might be.

If you have a friend with an amplifier, use this to test your complete loudspeaker system (the subwoofer, woofer and tweeter combination).

If the speaker tests OK, then try a different Class D amp module and/or power supply.

One other possibility. Could the 'resonance' effect in the midrange be caused by your music source (MP3 player etc.)? Try another source to find out.

Or maybe you just have to accept that the effect happens, but only with certain music tracks!

Best wishes, I hope you can find a solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.