Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Which power amplification for different powered speakers ?
Which power amplification for different powered speakers ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2018, 07:23 PM   #51
Galu is online now Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanguyClt View Post
The problem is localized on the meduim frequency.
Then the mid/woofer (Faital Pro 3FE22; 75mm cone; 100Hz-20,000Hz; 20W nominal) could be faulty.

Can you test it on its own from another amplifier, radio etc.?
Old 5th August 2018, 08:07 PM   #52
TanguyClt is offline TanguyClt  France
diyAudio Member

I don't have others amp for doing this. And to be honest I don't know how to test a speaker exept by listening to it. But according to its frequency response I don't think it is the speaker's fault.faital pro.JPG

Last edited by TanguyClt; 5th August 2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 5th August 2018, 08:37 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Can I make a mono amp by soldering the two output of a stereo one together ? If so, is the power of the mono equal the sum of the two power output of the stereo ?
Old 6th August 2018, 01:37 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Can I make a mono amp by soldering the two output of a stereo one together ?
I refer you back to post #47.

P.S. I have no idea why you would want to do this, as it will not solve your present problem, but only introduce added, unnecessary complication!
Old 6th August 2018, 01:52 PM   #55
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I don't have others amp for doing this. And to be honest I don't know how to test a speaker exept by listening to it.
I'm only asking you to listen to it.

However, in order to test it, you would have to disconnect the Faital driver from the crossover board then connect it to an amplifier other than your class D module.

Connecting the driver to the headphone output from a radio, mp3 player or mobile phone would serve as a test.

I'm afraid I can offer no more advice - either the Faital driver or the class D module could be to blame for your problem.
Old 7th August 2018, 10:47 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

OK sorry I did see the post #47. Thanks for helping me I will try to do it.
Old 7th August 2018, 12:14 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks for helping me.
Thank you.

Without actually being there to listen to your problem, it is very difficult to understand (a) what the problem is, and, (b) what the solution might be.

If you have a friend with an amplifier, use this to test your complete loudspeaker system (the subwoofer, woofer and tweeter combination).

If the speaker tests OK, then try a different Class D amp module and/or power supply.

One other possibility. Could the 'resonance' effect in the midrange be caused by your music source (MP3 player etc.)? Try another source to find out.

Or maybe you just have to accept that the effect happens, but only with certain music tracks!

Best wishes, I hope you can find a solution.

Which power amplification for different powered speakers ?Hide this!Advertise here!