Cupcake Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings Fellow DIY Junkies-

Im trying to build a Two way- With the woofer and tweeter in separate box's and the tweeter box will be separated from woofer box by dowels or something. With nice round over edges-

Driver thus far is a Eminence 8" Paper Cone Professional Woofer 8 Ohm
Part # 290-4007 with
Eminence PSD:2013-8 1" Titanium Compression Horn Driver 8 Ohm 2-Bolt
Part # 290-5602 with an attached
Eminence APT 200S 90x90 1" Horn Flare 1-3/8"-18 TPI
Part # 290-557

Anyway Woofer box will be mid/bass will be aprox 53L Vented, and Tweeter box will be a few inches above it. Anyway for the life of me i cant get a good Xover line in PCD- Yes i know im new and have a lot to learn. Ive spent the last 6 hours on this and and i just gave up.

Wife loves the idea- Filling bass on the base and creamy sweets on top :)

I was hoping to get some help with a "baseline" Xover model. My brain is fried and im about to just say heck with it and try buying a Pre-Made Crossover from PE. Any help would be appreciated. These will Be our LCR so im keeping as much bass as possible or they will produce :) I am not looking for perfection- Just usable.

You are buying a bit of a pig in a poke there, aren't you? Another unknown cheapie?

Eminence 8" Paper Cone Professional Woofer 8 Ohm

Looks a bit like an Alpha 8A, but I don't know.

Anyway, what you usually do is spend some time at the Eminence site to see if the idea works. They have some brilliant articles and designs. Eminence Speaker | Loudspeakers for Professional Audio and Guitar and Bass | The most trusted name in loudspeakers since 1966. Great upgrades for JBL, Celestion, Jensen, and Fane.

Eminence make a range of off-the-shelf crossovers. The PXB2 2K5CX is your typical 2.5kHz solution used in some of their co-axials. The tweeter circuit is a moveable feast for level, of course. Every horn tweeter is different. The fuse is a device to protect the tweeter from feedback howl, so possibly dispensible in a home system.

Attachments

• Eminence Crossover PXB2 2K5CX.JPG
    Eminence Crossover PXB2 2K5CX.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Eminence PXB2 2K5CX.PNG
    Eminence PXB2 2K5CX.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,522
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.