Generating driver FRD setup questions for passive xovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the pic, differences will be the following:

Different Tweeters-Accuton Different MidRange-Seas

Same Woofers-Etons 2 per speaker outward firing.

I'm wondering how to reconcile each of the speakers two opposing side firing woofers? How do I not pic up reflections.

Oh, but these should be measured both near field centered just off the dust cap of each. Then far field but is this for each driver? I think I have to move to the front somewhere for proper measurement of the whole system yes?

Cheers,

PS - It helps if I remember to attach the pic.

Attachments

• MTM+2.3.jpg
    MTM+2.3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
2 per speaker outward firing.

I'm wondering how to reconcile each of the speakers two
opposing side firing woofers? How do I not pic up reflections.

Use measurement gear and method linked earlier, and simulate with VituixCAD.

Example project: Taipuu 4-way, though average elevation of woofers is "typical" - not on the floor generating maximum vertical room resonance. Suitable level for woofers is not so simple to design/decide as passive. Adjustable (semi)active system would help in practice.

Use measurement gear and method linked earlier, and simulate with VituixCAD.

Example project: Taipuu 4-way, though average elevation of woofers is "typical" - not on the floor generating maximum vertical room resonance. Suitable level for woofers is not so simple to design/decide as passive. Adjustable (semi)active system would help in practice.

I have a loaner mic that is calibrated, no calibration file. Sound card is an issue though. I would use laptop with windows 10.x I do have licensed ARTA, but haven't used it as I don't have good soundcard. turning table...I think the Lazy Susan I'd use isn't rated high enough for a speaker.

Table height? Not sure.

I also have a mic measurement amp/pre amp that I've trouble shooted. Not sure how it would work, oh boy.

I also have other stuff. How Does REW work, compare?

THanks

This post is awesome! I have been banging my head all week trying to learn PCD= What dosnt help is i keep changing the drivers haha because PCD is not helping as much as i like and im not getting my F3. Anyway, i book marked this and will read this again and again along side other tools. Now i can stop going nuts and just pick some driver i want that will do about what i need and go from there. Whats nice is i posted a thread "what do you think" with drivers i found that are ok in PCD but on paper meets and exceeds desires, i got a oky crossover mocked up already in PCD but now i know i should just order drivers and go this route and it should be even better

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.