TB new line of Coax FR drivers

Ok, what is a largish cap? Is 33uF large enough?

If I put a 33uF with a 0.150mH inductor, this is what I get... I'm sure that you can see the ragged displays in those graphs, and it should somehow tell you that it would be horrible to listen to.

But, there is nothing that says you can't do it, especially not at DIYAudio! :)

Feel free to try this yourself.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.58.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 10.58.16 PM.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 1,137
Ok, what is a largish cap? Is 33uF large enough?

If I put a 33uF with a 0.150mH inductor, this is what I get... I'm sure that you can see the ragged displays in those graphs, and it should somehow tell you that it would be horrible to listen to.

But, there is nothing that says you can't do it, especially not at DIYAudio! :)

Feel free to try this yourself.

Largish of course means in comparison to something. Such as in comparison to what one would crudely get from a text book calculator for a given inductor value. 33 muF in relation to 0.15 mH is not largish but plain unreasonable.

I did not mean to bother anybody to perform free simulations for me as I don't have much faith in sims and measurements anyway. Good luck with your project...

Hey Ya'll. New to the forum.

So which Crossover / Enclosure seems like the strongest choice for this speaker thus far?

I don't own any software myself, but my first thought was to go with the 6inch and put it in a small sealed enclosure to limit low-end response / excursion like someone else in here suggested. Which would create more mellow waters for the mid-range to swim in and produce cleaner vocals etc, but obviously this would only work if you were planning on adding a woofer to the equation or a separate powered sub.

Someone else also mentioned earlier removing the Low Pass on the mid-range entirely and seeing how it would perform as a full range along side (For most of the way) the tweeter. This would leave just a High Pass for the tweeter which would obviously be a very simple crossover which is always a positive, no?

Hi all,

My first post here as I joined only recently.

I am building a bluetooth speaker and got the following components:

Dayton audio KAB-100M amp with integrated bluetooth.
Dayton audio 2K 4ohm high pass and 2K low pass filters.
Tang Band W6-2313 driver.

I wanted to wire up and test if the speaker works without the enclosure as I still need to build it. What I am getting is very quiet sound out of the driver.

I have connected the crossover as shown here

The mid woofer doesn't seem to move at all. Even when I feel it by touching it very lightly, it doesn't produce any vibrations. There is a change in sound when I disconnect it and leave only tweeter connected though.

So one of the things I was suspecting is connections on the speaker itself. I have assumed two connections on opposite sides are for tweeter and the other two that are right next to each other are for mid range as the wire is heading to the back of the speaker.
https://www.parts-express.com/Data/Default/Images/Catalog/Original/264-9002_ALT_0.jpg

Problem is also there was no documentation at all with the speaker in the box or anywhere online on what is the connection for the tweeter and woofer.

Other thing that comes to my mind is power supply to the Amp. I was using 19V and specs say 100W @21V.

Or is it simply the fact that the speaker is not in the enclosure that makes it sound very quiet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone needs 3D model of this driver, I have modeled it in SketchUp. I can export to some other formats if SU is not your cup of tea. Hit me up if you need it. Same goes for Dayton Audio amp and crossover components.

Nice! Thanks!

Feel free to post the file up! I could use that in my enclosure modelling.

Always check wiring twice, or even 5 times! In my case, I always triple check my wiring as I don't trust myself with that... That's why I don't want to attempt building my own amps... I'm sure I'll burn down the house!

Trying to come up with an enclosure....

Had a discussion with a friend of mine, and times are tough.
He's a master of dealing with composites.

So, I decided to give him a small job. I'll come up with an enclosure, and he will make it in carbon fiber. That should bring out the W6-2313 nicely!

I really like that "jukebox" style, LineSource. It's tempting. It might just work.

It's funny, ScottG, the B&W were in the back of my mind, and I have started to think if I should have the 2313 by itself (needing a sub or two), or combine with a woofer, for the whole package. The only woofer I have hanging at home right now is a TB W8-1363SBF. I will try to put it under the coax and see how it goes.

I'd like to have a small version speaker, so, no dual Satoris! I already have my big OBs with 15" woofers, the dual SBA race track woofers are in the design process as well, and this could be a smaller system.

Waveinform, I think I'd prefer a teardrop shape. We were playing around with my friend and sketched this:

Attachments

• carbon flower sketch.jpg
    carbon flower sketch.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 761