Whoa, cool new tweeter from Peerless!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This WG-300 looks alot like my measurement of the WG148R:
Test Monacor DT-300 with Waveguide WG-300 AutoClicker

Seas DXT just looks way more smooth:
Test report | Seas DXT 27TBCD / GB (H1499-06)

And if I should get tired of my Accuton - I could easily pair the DXT with a L12/15 or W12//15. I do run 4 ways fully active and use 3x18W scanspeak classics for midbass. So integration should be possible.... hmm... many things to test :p
Better listen a bit to music and think later :D
where I took of the front, so that the dome is all the way into the mounting hole..... still the same....:confused:
An old SB25 - but could 1mm less in diameter do so much?

The peerless unit is totally different to the Seas tweeter,
No 'moderate horn loading' on the peerless.
The Seas has neo motor system, different coil lengths, different dome material and a very different frequency response.

As for the TL claims, they are ludicrous, there is nothing to back up those..
Compare the spec sheets, big differences in every major component, spec and design approach,
In fact the only similarities if you look for them are that they are both hard dome with low fs and 90ish dB sensitivity,

The TL shares more in common with the Seas..

Have been looking at the DA32TX00-08 for some time.

Sd on 12 cm2 and Xmax of 1 mm, should make for a very low crossover.
Have tried to ask Tymphany if the Xmax is pp or one way .... no answer .... anyone knows??

I would like to use a 7" waveguide and crossover to either a 18 Sound 6ND430
or SATORI MW19P-4. I would like to experiement with cardioid loading of the mid for get a uniform directionality down to ca 200 Hz.
Aim ia a max SPL of 110 db with very low distortion.

Question is whether the DA32TX00-08 will be able to handle a crossover point at ca 1kHz in this setup, and whether there are better alternavives?

Has anyone seen any measurements on the DA32TX00-08?

KR Baldin

Have been looking at the DA32TX00-08 for some time.

Sd on 12 cm2 and Xmax of 1 mm, should make for a very low crossover.
Have tried to ask Tymphany if the Xmax is pp or one way .... no answer .... anyone knows??

I would like to use a 7" waveguide and crossover to either a 18 Sound 6ND430
or SATORI MW19P-4. I would like to experiement with cardioid loading of the mid for get a uniform directionality down to ca 200 Hz.
Aim ia a max SPL of 110 db with very low distortion.

Question is whether the DA32TX00-08 will be able to handle a crossover point at ca 1kHz in this setup, and whether there are better alternavives?

Has anyone seen any measurements on the DA32TX00-08?

KR Baldin

Not a bad plan if you are up to the task of designing a waveguide. The waveguide will produce a bump in response that might match the sensitivity of woofer. But 1000 hz seems low even if the xmax is 1mm. If this is active I would try something like 1300 4th order. You might want to consider a small full range or a larger compression driver in a large waveguide if you are set on 1000hz. This is sort of like the Geddes style design. Also an open box won't produce deep bass. You can get better directivity down low with a large baffle.

Last edited:
Sure fully active with DSP.
For the low end I'm considering 6 x Reckhorn D-165.
Yes maybe the Xover freq could be 1.5 kHz ...... but the question is whether this is one of the best drivers to reach this low and with this SPL, if not considering a compression driver?

It seems to be intended for lowish crossover points, but some measurements would be nice. Another one to consider is the transducer labs ceramic dome. They have them at Meniscus. Very nice tweeter that can go low.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.