Horn for Radian 950

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Radian 475bpbe has an include angle of 6degrees, ie 12 degrees when both sides of the exit is included. (Info received from Radian)

I've had this question for a long time: when a CD exit angle is quoted without clarification what is meant - the included angle of the internal cone or the half-angle formed by the side of that cone with a line parallel to the axis?
CD exit angle.jpg

Is there a standard practice?

I have to choose hf driver to use over radian My list of candidates:
Bms 4540
Radian 465
B&c de10
Beyma cp21

Bms 4540 I can buy used really cheap in my country But I have heard many opinions that it is fully unusable before modifications Beyma cp21 is using by kartogen audio and I can buy it in my country too, as there is official dealer of beyma Others is difficult to get because I need to order them from USA and shipping will cost half of their price What do you think about these drivers? Or maybe there are better options Thanks in advance

I use a JMLC 1400 with Radian 475be on top of tractrix 200 with radian 850. It takes over around 4500hz-5000hz and plays up to roughly 9-10khz where fostex t500amkII takes over. I hear no beaming, and have an open relaxed sound.
I made a reticulated foam plug for the jmlc1400 with radian 475be and made up for the loss of gain from it. It sounds better this way.

1. Yes, I listened without fostex and I measured it too. SPL wise measurements looked ok, but with fostex it all sounds much more at ease even though my 475 is with a be diaphgram.

2. I have not modified my tractrix 200 throat to match the exit angle of 850. I can not hear a specific problem with that, maybe if I did, I could hear the difference.

3. Yes, I did time alignment via impulse response with a multichannel soundcard, a loopback reference and a microphone. However at 10k, its a cm forward or backward and you are out, still I did on my actual listening spot and aligned all my channels physically except for the tapped horn which works below 40hz.

Thank you
3 ways for me is maximum accepted because i want to use passive crossover
And making a good 4-way system for me looks simple impossible with passive crossover
So i need to choose between 465 and 475
Pros of 465 is that it has smoother hf response
Pros of 475 is that i can switch diaphragms to beryllium

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.