New Beyma Coax Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some 15CXA400Nd in pro sound wedge monitors and they are the best pro coaxial that I've tried so far. Have been meaning to try them for home HiFi for a while now so will report back with an opinion soon!
If I remember, crossover was pretty easy (although I use active) and they required little EQ compared to others I have tried. I feel more measurements are needed to attempt to match dispersion at crossover so will hopefully get around to that in the next few weeks.
I wouldn't suggest 4kHz as a good crossover point for a 15" though.

Martion Bullfrog Active made me impressed at an audio show. The 15" Beyma coax would be my choice for cloning this jewel!
RA: Martion: A dream loudspeaker
Bullfrog active | Martion
bf-kirsch-gutm-bearb-klein.jpg

Iam sad to see it have a kitsch looks and is a German ''LifeStyle'' product as MB cars, aimed to moneyed Millennials teens:
Driven by DSP with a symmetrical analogue and digital SPDIF input,
Toslink and AES-EBU, Double-Stereo-Amp 2x 350 w /2 x 10 w.

After all these non minimalist stuff the product price grow to €6.000:eek:
Anyway thanks for inform.

The Kitsch looks may very well make some acoustical sense - I don't think he chose the rather weird corner and edge angling for optical reasons alone.

No one is forced to use an overpriced plate amp/dsp - for starterers, some hefty class D amp(s) plus something like mini-dsp should do the job as well.

The moneyed millenial teens are a totally different story, admittedly :)

The Kitsch looks may very well make some acoustical sense - I don't think he chose the rather weird corner and edge angling for optical reasons alone.

No one is forced to use an overpriced plate amp/dsp - for starterers, some hefty class D amp(s) plus something like mini-dsp should do the job as well.

The moneyed millenial teens are a totally different story, admittedly :)
I sure painting those rings black will hurt less the eyes.

I have some 15CXA400Nd in pro sound wedge monitors and they are the best pro coaxial that I've tried so far. Have been meaning to try them for home HiFi for a while now so will report back with an opinion soon!
If I remember, crossover was pretty easy (although I use active) and they required little EQ compared to others I have tried. I feel more measurements are needed to attempt to match dispersion at crossover so will hopefully get around to that in the next few weeks.
I wouldn't suggest 4kHz as a good crossover point for a 15" though.
Nice thanks. I will look forward your report.

is that ~1K2 dip introduced by the cavity resonance between the "wave-guide" and cone ? I have the old Beyma 12cx with apt50 sized compression driver - nice for what they were and subjectively better than Eminence Beta 12cx. P-Audio 15CXA closed out at US$99 each including BMD440 but no one on the fullrange forum seemed interested.

^Yes it is most likely this one in Bullfrog RCF CX15N351 15" Coaxial Speakers - RCF CX15N351 15" Coaxial Speaker - RCF CX15N351 speakers - RCF CX15N351 900 watt 15" coaxial speaker. RCF CX15N351 coaxial speakers and other RCF speakers available here.

But this thread is of Beyma and the mentioned 15" has nice responses! Off-axis smoothness is a question still, better prognosis with the RCF

It is definitely the RCF unit, i know first hand.
Its also how it sounds not jyst the off axis responce. The passive Bullfrogs are also great.

The driver has Qts=0.26, Fs=55Hz. How are they getting any deep bass out of it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.