Crossover frequency for transmission line

Paul , Dave

I am about to start the manufacture of the transmission line box as designed by Paul . I will post pictures for anyone interested . I have one last question regarding the width of the line at 15 inches , is this dimension rigid or can I reduce this to say 14 inches and adjust the depth accordingly to make up the same TL area ?

regards
Clive

Yes, you can modify line width and depth to suit your needs as long as you keep the same area and taper ratio (within a few percent) of what I modeled. You need to also keep the same line length, woofer center location, stuffing density and stuffing length as modeled.
Paul

Paul , Dave

I am about to start the manufacture of the transmission line box as designed by Paul . I will post pictures for anyone interested . I have one last question regarding the width of the line at 15 inches , is this dimension rigid or can I reduce this to say 14 inches and adjust the depth accordingly to make up the same TL area ?

regards
Clive

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The 115 is an empirical number derived from the work of Olson that resulted in this graph.

olson-baffleshape-fr.gif

The formula i use is BS(-3) = 13560/baffle width (in inches). I typically use 0.707 to 1 times that number as the starting range.

Baffle Diffraction Step

dave