Tweeter Morel Supreme TSCT 1104

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Normally you don't listen to a single driver, you listen to a finished loudspeaker, a system of a certain complexity which is so much more than just a drive unit. In general Morel dome tweeters have the potential to sound very nice, as many other brands do also.

Hmm......
1+" coil, that is huge on a tweet !!!
Underhung, shorting ring in and out, wow.

I would imagine dynamics or speed would be awesome.

I love my morel 378 but it needs a horn and a 4.7khz pole to be flat somewhere around 92db.

Looking at the 1104's z plot, it looks flat enough for a 6db if you are into that.

Unfortunately, it is way up on the "yes it is better, but 5 times the price compared to 40% sound improvement".

When i bought this Morels in Spain the dealer tell me " can go down as few , amazing dynamics " may be that Norman Bates told..
I am going to use with 300B tubes amplifier, no more than 8 watts per channel, he suggested me cross( if i need ) until 2kz 6db/oct, even if the TSTC has an fs the 580..

What a blah-blah.....
norman bates: what is so "wow" with an underhung tweeter; about all quality tweeters are.
digitalthor: I guess you mean a hole in the pole plate; magnets used for loudspeakers are ring magnets so they have all "holes".
santitrucco: the Morel has a rear chamber, so it has a hole in the magn....errr pole plate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.