JBL LSR305 tweaking

Clarification of LSR305 schematic

For those who want to look a little deeper into Electronics I have extracted Schematic from Analog section.

Eljo

I appreciate your effort in developing the analog input board schematic for the LSR305. While I am familiar with old school schematic diagrams, I am not familiar with some of the symbols used in your schematic, for example the voltage sources and symbols for the input sensitivity switches. These look like they may be a European standard or specific to some schematic software package. Can you explain how you generated the schematic or where I can find the standard from which it was based.

I've just modded my JBL 305p II pair following the suggestion in this thread and I must say the improvement is really good. I always feel the original mid and treble is thin and harsh, bass is uncontrolled. However after the mod, the bass is tighter, the mid is full and smooth, the treble is clean. Overall the sound is cleaner and the dynamic range is improved.
What I've done:
  • The ferrite mod
  • Replace signal capacitor in the input board with non-polarized electrolyte capacitor.
  • Replace the Buffer capacitor of STA350BW and the PSU capacitor to high quality Nichicon Muse KZ capacitor

Overall, I'm satisfied with the changes. I'm thinking of doing the cabinet bracing to improve the LF even more.

Reactions: 1 user