Cabinet maker in Canada, Quebec

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
hopefully this is not against the forum rule.
I'm totally able to build cabinets, but my many attempts have always left something to be desired cosmetically. So might as well take the chance and ask if anyone near Montreal or in Ontario is a decent cabinet maker.
if so, pm me.

My project is a 3 way 200L ported speaker.
thanks

Not the answer you're looking for, but I often thought this forum could benefit from a database or map function with the option to include locations and contact information for builders willing to offer such services, but not registered in the vendor's forum.

Participation would be optional, of course, but it could help you find like minded folks who could be closer than you think.

Mike Volpe made these killer cabs for a quad of SDX12s and he is in Ontario. PM me for his email address if interested.

Dan

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    970.8 KB · Views: 99
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
With 2 SDX12 per box i am surprised he did not take advantage of the (huge) gains possible from push-push loading of the drivers. The active vibration cancelation dramatically reduces the box load.

Chris built a pair of boxes for push-push SDX10 out of 15mm braced BB. One could pick up the boxes with one hand… add the drivers and it was near a 2-man lift (at least for old men :)). It took a heroic effort to get any of the box panels to move (only succeded in getting the top to vibrate). Chris is probably right in how heavy those boxes with front facing woofers would need to be.

dave

PS: i have a customer with a cabinet builder (north of TO i think) but i haven’y yet made contact with him.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.