Alternative to PD.103NR1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Being basically unobtanium (old OEM run, min quantity for a new batch 50pcs), I'm looking for an alternative, but I really cannot find any.
10 inch, efficiency as high as possible (min 97), linear range 200 to 4000 at least, with no breakups under 5000, decent Xmax and power handling (2mm+, 100W). Impedance can be 4 to 16 ohm, it doesn't matter.

The only thing that comes close is the 12" EMS LB12mkII wideband driver.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• PD-103NR1-DS160516.pdf
    205.3 KB · Views: 55
Being basically unobtanium (old OEM run, min quantity for a new batch 50pcs), I'm looking for an alternative, but I really cannot find any.
10 inch, efficiency as high as possible (min 97), linear range 200 to 4000 at least, with no breakups under 5000, decent Xmax and power handling (2mm+, 100W). Impedance can be 4 to 16 ohm, it doesn't matter.

The only thing that comes close is the 12" EMS LB12mkII wideband driver.

Any suggestions?

Came across the same problem, a real shame as that unit has a nice parameter set and flat FR

A possible is the PD123ER?

Can't find nothing quite as nice but there are a few drivers that come close.

I would go for some copper in the motor if running that wide.

*AE TD12M is always a favorite.
*18 Sound 10NMBA520. Troels used this driver in The Loudspeaker. Measures better than the datasheet.
*12NMB420. A little rise on top but nice response overall.
I've had good results with 18 Sound products measuring flatter than the spec sheet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.