Kick/Mid/Top cab to match Cubo 12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!
I'm new to the sound systems and for my first project am building a 12V rig to use at outdoor parties in the Highlands of Scotland. I've built a Cubo 12 bass bin out of 18mm ply scraps (eventually want to make a lighter version with 12mm), which is currently cobbled together to my cheap car subwoofer (Pyramid Audio 600Wrms) and an 120W Alpine amp. Sounds pretty good but too loud for in a van!

I'd be interested if anyone could recommend a kick/mid/top cabinet design that will sound good with Cubo 12. The response curve drops off about 160Hz so I guess my k/m/t will need to handle that low at least. I'd like to do it all with a single cabinet but maybe I should build a separate kick?

My design constraints are small size, as lightweight as possible, 12V friendly and suitable inexpensive drivers. Also any advice on amps and crossovers for this system would be much appreciated.

Cheerz!

Attachments

• IMG-0824.jpg
    IMG-0824.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG-0822.jpg
    IMG-0822.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 124
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.