Components Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you can but it will cost you more to make it a 3-way - the minidsp unit will now need to be a 3 way unit and you'll need an additional amplifier (3 channels total).

A better method is purchasing the 8 ohm version of the woofer x2 and wiring them in parallel for a net 4 ohms. Using that plate-amp with one amp to the tweeter and the other amp to the two 8 ohm midbass driver's wired in parallel. A lot less expensive, and you will get extra headroom/loudness by having two midbass drivers instead of one.

Thanks for all of the tips! I’m going to take a look and start putting together a parts list. One more question. If I wire two 8 ohm drivers in parallel would I need to upgrade the tweeter to possibly one they can handle a higher SPL?

Sorry if my terms aren’t correct I’m still learning!!

Hey, Scott.

So just some news for you. Just still collecting data and trying to get this all squared away. So my condo is kind of weird and it has windows on 3 sides of the apartment. The ideal positions where the two surround speakers and above head speakers I won't be able to get them power. I'll only be able to get power to the center channel and the left and right channels.

How would you recommend solving this issue?

Let me know,
Joey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.