2-way build with Dayton drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Designing a crossover is quite difficult, I recommend you start your loudspeaker hobby by building a kit. Unless you want to dig deeper ;)

As for the driver choice: why did you pick those drivers? On first sight it seems that other choices would be better. The midrange is high efficiency, it almost seems to be designed for public address applications. It will not give any bass. The tweeter is designed for hi-fi and therefore efficiency has been traded for other aspects (focus on 'sound quality').

Designing a crossover is quite difficult, I recommend you start your loudspeaker hobby by building a kit.
And where's the fun in that :)
As for the driver choice: why did you pick those drivers? On first sight it seems that other choices would be better. The midrange is high efficiency, it almost seems to be designed for public address applications. It will not give any bass. The tweeter is designed for hi-fi and therefore efficiency has been traded for other aspects (focus on 'sound quality').
These drivers were readily available and seemed a reasonable cost. But from your comments, I guess the midrange isn't a great choice.
How about this midrange: DC160-8 6-1/2" Classic Woofer 8 Ohm Specification Sheet

Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Thanks. How does one compare these drivers? I ask for my education :)
I would recommend you watch the series of videos in the below YouTube channel which will help you with basics.

YouTube

Then start learning using crossover designing software, after you are aware how to use these softwares download the .ZMA and .FRD files for the drivers, you can simulate a crossover on these softwares to get an idea how the drivers are behaving with respect to the crossover.

Hope this helps

Regards
Bilal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.