New "Kinoshita" type build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The distortion ( in the healthy driver ) doesn't actually go vertical until around 600hz ( which does coincides with where the actual frequency response really trails off ).

That distortion spec. of < .2 % ( 3rd Harmonic ) above 600hz is actually quite tiny.

This BiRadial does have many discontinuities which show up particularly in the 2nd Harmonic as the identified roughness below 1K ( this is due to the horn actually being designed for a larger diaphragmed 1.4" exit driver > the horn has been crudely modified by myself using plumbers-putty / mastic, to support the smaller diaphragmed driver ).

:)

Impedance measurements. Finally

Hi guys. After a very long time, and many upgrades, I have finally managed to do impedance measurements. I am still running the beymas in parallel, but have fitted a larger horn, and am running jbl be435 berrylium compression drivers, crossing at 700hz with 24db LR slopes. Please check the impedance graph. Comments would be most welcome

Attachments

• E807434A-9E4C-4A1F-B573-9BA45C03AAD2.jpg
    E807434A-9E4C-4A1F-B573-9BA45C03AAD2.jpg
    1,004.9 KB · Views: 376
Just increased length of port to 125mm. Check the difference
The longer port length has moved your box tuning downwards from ( approx. ) 35hz to 30hz .I suspect you need to re-calibrate your impedance jig ( due to seeing a really low impedance load of about 2 ohms ).

Measure any 8 - 20 ohm resistor you have laying about .The measured results should be the straight line value of the resistor ( within the stated tolerance of the resistor ).

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.