need an 18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok i need an 18 inch driver with the following features if anyone knows a model aou there, please tell me?:)

-diameter of 18 inches,
-voice coil diameter of 4 inches,
-foam surround,
-long excursion,
-suitable for sealed enclosure,
-sensitivity of approx 90dB,
-large magnet,
-down to 20Hz,

if anyone knows a model fitting these requirements, please tell me? cheers!:)

Matthew,
I'm not aware of a hi-fi driver that fits all those parameters, although I've seen a number of 10's, 12's & a few 15's. If you're set on an 18, you might try 'pro' bass or PA drivers, but don't count on finding a foam surround in a pro driver.
Why on earth do you want a foam surround, anyway? They rot out after about 8-10 years...not a good long term solution. They always say,"Oh, *our* drivers won't rot." But when the drivers croak later on, the company is frequently gone. I can't count the number of times I've seen this happen, including once to myself.
One of the currently popular sub drivers (Shiva? I forget which.) has a foam surround; there are lots of little 12" time bombs scattered across the country...
Caveat emptor.

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.