6" PVC for mid enclosure - considerations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apologies if I've confused you along the way.
So let's start again for the 2nd time.
Let's finish this simple query.
Your 6" PVC midrange tube MUST be closed, stuffed full with glass wool. Simply extend the PVC tube to the rear panel, to close the internal volume (glue it well!). Volume of 5.2 L is OK. Forget all nonsense about vented, open back, aperiodic and, especially, filled with straws, midrange enclosures.
Dayton Audio PS95-8 is not good as a midrange, frequency response is not flat from 1.5 kHz to 3 kHz. Choose another midrange, for example Peerless TG9FD, which is much better and cheaper:
Peerless by Tymphany TG9FD-10-04 3-1/2" Glass Fiber Cone Full Range

Nonsense, to your nonsense. :p
I've done this A LOT, and there can be VERY large (highly audible) differences in the result. ;)
I am sure that there is very large difference, but in a very bad way. Could you point to ONE and only ONE example for a midrange enclosure filled with straws, from a reputable loudspeaker manufacturer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.