Seas 27TBFC/G vs 27TDFC/G

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you want to do distortion measurements I would recommend you grab ARTA/STEPS and use that instead. If your amplifier and sound card output are flat in amplitude then the two channel measurement isn't really necessary.

Before, when you spoke of clipping, I am guessing that you were referring to the channel that measures the amplifiers output hitting its limits. While you could change the values on the resistor divider, to allow for larger amplifier output voltages, the easiest thing to do is simple go with a single channel measurement.

For those that still give a damn... here's a 27tbfcg 100 to 10000 plot at 0.5v level - no crossover

Attachments

• 27tbfcg_100_to_10000_at_0.5v.png
    27tbfcg_100_to_10000_at_0.5v.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 185
If you want to do distortion measurements I would recommend you grab ARTA/STEPS and use that instead. If your amplifier and sound card output are flat in amplitude then the two channel measurement isn't really necessary.

Before, when you spoke of clipping, I am guessing that you were referring to the channel that measures the amplifiers output hitting its limits. While you could change the values on the resistor divider, to allow for larger amplifier output voltages, the easiest thing to do is simple go with a single channel measurement.

Thanks for that. I've downloaded Room EQ Wizard which seems to do a good job. I'll read the manual and see how I need to change my setup to work with it. I think ARTA requires licensing?

Maybe I'm just about ready to pull the xover trigger and buy the damn parts and just assemble and test in the mule. I am about to do a roundover as my final test, and re-measure with the 27TDFCG in place. That will confirm my measurements (on axis) plus some off axis ones.

I've managed to come up with some 1kHZ+ voicing options which maintain phase coherence which I will buy parts for. That way I hope i am covered!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.