Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Seas 27TBFC/G vs 27TDFC/G
Seas 27TBFC/G vs 27TDFC/G
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2018, 09:34 PM   #41
5th element is offline 5th element  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If you want to do distortion measurements I would recommend you grab ARTA/STEPS and use that instead. If your amplifier and sound card output are flat in amplitude then the two channel measurement isn't really necessary.

Before, when you spoke of clipping, I am guessing that you were referring to the channel that measures the amplifiers output hitting its limits. While you could change the values on the resistor divider, to allow for larger amplifier output voltages, the easiest thing to do is simple go with a single channel measurement.
Old 10th February 2018, 09:16 AM   #42
Dave Bullet is offline Dave Bullet  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

For those that still give a damn... here's a 27tbfcg 100 to 10000 plot at 0.5v level - no crossover
Attached Images
File Type: png 27tbfcg_100_to_10000_at_0.5v.png (47.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 10th February 2018, 09:17 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

And here's the 27tdfcg
Attached Images
File Type: png 27tdfcg_100_to_10000_at_0.5v.png (46.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 10th February 2018, 09:18 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

Both the above graphs are 1-5% distortion with 0.5% y axis grid markers.
Old 10th February 2018, 09:21 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th element View Post
If you want to do distortion measurements I would recommend you grab ARTA/STEPS and use that instead. If your amplifier and sound card output are flat in amplitude then the two channel measurement isn't really necessary.

Before, when you spoke of clipping, I am guessing that you were referring to the channel that measures the amplifiers output hitting its limits. While you could change the values on the resistor divider, to allow for larger amplifier output voltages, the easiest thing to do is simple go with a single channel measurement.
Thanks for that. I've downloaded Room EQ Wizard which seems to do a good job. I'll read the manual and see how I need to change my setup to work with it. I think ARTA requires licensing?

Maybe I'm just about ready to pull the xover trigger and buy the damn parts and just assemble and test in the mule. I am about to do a roundover as my final test, and re-measure with the 27TDFCG in place. That will confirm my measurements (on axis) plus some off axis ones.

I've managed to come up with some 1kHZ+ voicing options which maintain phase coherence which I will buy parts for. That way I hope i am covered!

Seas 27TBFC/G vs 27TDFC/GHide this!Advertise here!