15" 2-way Ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why would you?

Mostly BSC is just a primitive means to increase bass output by lowering everything else which is the only way it can be done passively.
In the OPs situation that is the last thing he needs. Remember every boundary adds up to 3dB. Floorstanders is +3dB and on the wall adds another 3. If anything he may need to get rid of some bass, not add to it.
Either way if you use DSP to smooth the output it will take care of itself.

As for Bose it is much more concise in German: Bose ist böse (Bose is evil).

Ya, I wont worry about baffle correction, having used a DSP for a few years now I'm confident it wont be an issue, although the tweeter will be passive because I think I can hear a degradation in sound quality that only affects the upper response, now I haven't heard of this before so it might be more tricks on my mind if anything but I cant see any harm it just keeping the DSP on the woofer and mid if used.

Also when I start building should I post it here or start a new thread? or do you guys not even care to see it lol. I feel like just keeping it all here.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.