Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

Yes.
Measurements:
7100 and 7000 faceplates, diameter of opening for dome 39mm
WG148R diameter of throat 38.2mm. This is very tight fit, and it is better to chamfer the throat edge 45deg, ~0.5x0.5mm. It is very easy.

There are images in the attachment, XT25 in WG148R, XT25 + faceplate 6600, XT25 + faceplate 7100, photo of tweeter + faceplates, and WG with modified rear side.

I did not measure 6600, 7100 or 7000 outer diameter of suspension directly because I do not have them available.

Is the outer diameter of the XT25 suspension the same as with the R7000 or D6600?

Attachments

• WG148R ScanSpeak mod.jpg
    WG148R ScanSpeak mod.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 1,019
  • XT25 FP6600.jpg
    XT25 FP6600.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 990
  • XT25 FP7100.jpg
    XT25 FP7100.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 977
  • XT25 FTXT25 7100 6600.jpg
    XT25 FTXT25 7100 6600.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 972
  • XT25 WG148R.jpg
    XT25 WG148R.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 958
Last edited:
Hello Brandon and others,

I downloaded the SS Ringradiator 6" wg file, and imported it in Zortrax Suite. Once openend in Zortrax Suite. printing time indicated is 18 hrs 42 mins.(for a Z 300) , whereas the filament is Z-Glass.
Are the printing time and Z-Glass in the original file, or is that a Zortrax calculation and suggestion? If so, what material would you gentlemen then recommend?

Best regards,

Eelco

Sorry for the absence, working a ton the last few months. But the good news is I've started a new website somasonus.net to host all my DIY stuff. It's barren right now, but I have posted the best of the waveguides with downloadable CAD files for 3D printing or CNC. Let me know if anything renders weird on the website, it really changes depending on what device I'm on.

Last edited:
How can I best use an EQ to make the boost by the WG flat again?
I'm going to use the SB26 with the 6" WG.

Do you really want it flat, on axis? Think again... the perceived sound balance corresponds to the power response, not the on-axis response. The power response is the integrated sound power radiated into the room. The power response does not change as much as the on axis response when you add a waveguide to a tweeter.

See the manual, Chapter 16.3.
Time step is the time scale used, based on sample rate. Range refers to the amplitude representation.
Higher scale values yield more frequency resolution at the expense of time, lower values yield the reverse.

Try a higher scaling when looking at high-frequency behavior.

Last edited:
Do you really want it flat, on axis? Think again... the perceived sound balance corresponds to the power response, not the on-axis response. The power response is the integrated sound power radiated into the room. The power response does not change as much as the on axis response when you add a waveguide to a tweeter.
Huh. This is new to me. I thought, because of the boost visible in the measurements, one should make it flat on-axis. Isn't the same done with a bigger horn?

Last edited:
Huh. This is new to me. I thought, because of the boost visible in the measurements, one should make it flat on-axis. Isn't the same done with a bigger horn?

Which measurements? You need to understand what the measurements mean, and how to interpret them. If in doubt, do some experiments to learn how the results from a microphone correlate with what your ears tell you.