Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

I might just have a go at it

I took that as you were going to design one! Sorry. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Ah, sorry, I was confusing you. I have absolutely zero knowledge about working with 3D files. I was trying to say that I'll just send the file for the round waveguide to a CNC service and see how it measures with the Scan tweeters.

It would be great if the outer diameter would be identical to the WG148 (148 mm) so the baffle cut-out could be the same for both wave guides.

Brandon,

I got a pair of your 5" version type A waveguides that Matthias arranged through a group buy (really nice). I will probably be trying them out with a pair of D3004/602000 that I already got at hand.

I haven't really seen your directivity simulations or measurements so I ask you, at what frequency would the 5A WG best match a 6.5” mid-wioofer? Or better, what’s the directivity (horizontal and vertical, in degrees, at -6dB) and cut-off frequency (where it starts losing directivity) of this particular waveguide?

I got a pair of your 5" version type A waveguides that Matthias arranged through a group buy (really nice) ... I haven't really seen your directivity simulations or measurements so I ask you, at what frequency would the 5A WG best match a 6.5” mid-wioofer? Or better, what’s the directivity (horizontal and vertical, in degrees, at -6dB) and cut-off frequency (where it starts losing directivity) of this particular waveguide?

Take a look at post 331.

Brandon,

Do you have any thoughts or experience with using the Peerless DA25TX in a waveguide? I was wondering how this tweeter might perform in one of your 8" guides, and I'm a little concerned about its low-ish sensitivity.

Another tweeter that caught my eye due to its performance with the WG-300 (Heissmann measurements) was the Vifa DX25TG09. However, I believe that has been replaced by the DX25TG59. Any thoughts or experience with this tweeter + waveguide?

Thanks for all your work!

Hi everyone, I'm "playing" with an old pair of Grundig Box RB 500, so I wanna understand if waveguides could help to optimize low sound performances.

Here's the chipboard front (only the tw has a minimal wg):
GrundigBOXRB500-front.jpg

Do you have any suggestions/hints ?

Thanks in advice !

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm "playing" with an old pair of Grundig Box RB 500, so I wanna understand if waveguides could help to optimize low sound performances.

Here's the chipboard front (only the tw has a minimal wg):
GrundigBOXRB500-front.jpg

Do you have any suggestions/hints ?

Thanks in advice !

Low sound- bass? Then not at all. If not, it's a big project to figure out how the base system is performing and may/may not benefit from waveguides, not to mention, designing and implementing appropriate waveguides.

Basically, if you can figure all that out, you'll be a speaker designing O.G., but I wouldn't hold my breath.