Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

Rokytheman> the SB26 designs are all the same, regarding dome material. Basically I measure the metal domes first, then cut off the phase shield and measure the fabric dome, and remeasure the metal domes. I'll get some non-PS versions up, your right that it might risk a failed print.

kalleDH> The phase shield was damaged on that print so I never measured it. Next session I will measure it anyway with the phase shield.

Guerrilla> I did a bunch of phase shield variants early on, including the scalloped version below. There was only minor differences versus a simple disc of the same diameter (tested .47" and .25" diameter versions).

JAv597W.png

5" waveguide

Hi Augerpro,

When I opened the 5x.75 G v5.stl file in a viewer it show the size as:

6x4x1 in millimeters. Would it be possible to get the file in real size?

Also question for those who are capable of modifying the files. Would it be possible to modify the 5inch guide for Seas 27tdfc?

Keep up the good work!

6x4x1 in millimeters. Would it be possible to get the file in real size?

Also question for those who are capable of modifying the files. Would it be possible to modify the 5inch guide for Seas 27tdfc?

Keep up the good work!
The size is in inches, you need to convert to metric. It can be hard or easy to modify the waveguide, depends on the geometry of the new tweeter.

Played with some Scanspeak tweeters! I measured four designs. One 5" that is basically the same as other 5" ellipticals in this thread. A 5" that has uses a 1:.80 aspect ratio. A 6" that is basically a scaled up version of the 5" ellipticals. And the Visiton WG148.

rbYCBHa.png

M3SdzpM.png

iHDTiQq.jpg

The 5" results:
yalMG24.png

FdsMjLJ.png

KalnxU9.png

Kxffugl.png

uKfm35q.png

oIE3FcP.png

The 6":

uRkFWgK.png

3gcLZ4u.png

And the Visiton WG148:

1T7LkNs.png

tvCKXXW.png

Here are pics of how I mated to the WG148. Used some bluetac to fill in gaps and seal around the interface. I don't how I could improve the situation any further.

c588Z3J.png

Last edited:
Where are you seeing this? For this run of tests, I was only able to calibrate the SPL "through the side door". Basically take a known tweeter, measure it and set the levels so that it matches factory spec. Then other measurements should be correct too, but there is some eyeballing with that original measurement. When I get my permanent setup rebuilt now that I'm back in a house, I'll redo the calibration based off a voltage.

Played with some Scanspeak tweeters ...
Here are pics of how I mated to the WG148. Used some bluetac to fill in gaps and seal around the interface. I don't how I could improve the situation any further.

c588Z3J.png

The WG148 needs some machining to fit the Scan R2904 and D6600. The Blue Tack probably gives an air-tight seal, but you won't get a nice fit of the throat to the point where the dome / ring membrane is fixed to the tweeter assembly. I'd guess the rather poor response curves you got the from WG148 are the result of this. Also take a look at this, which allowed me to get a much smoother SPL response with the WG148.

I am considering ordering a batch of the ScanSpeak 5" version A, made on a CNC machine from aluminium, black anodized. These would fit the ScanSpeak D3004/66x0 (textile and beryllium domes), the R2904 ring radiators and most likely also the R3004 ring radiator (just replace their stock face plate by the waveguide). The waveguides might possibly also fit some of the other ScanSpeak tweeters, but I have no clue what these tweeters look like when their face plate is removed.

Getting more than just a single pair for me would get the price down quite a bit. Anyone interested?