Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

Brandon uses a bar over the tweeter where long screws go into the screw holes in the waveguide to put pressure on it.

drhP694.jpg

You could use the same method, tap a thread or use an insert nut for and use bolts.

If you use those methods there is no need for an extra adapter if you are happy to hold the tweeter in by pressure.

Great, I just checked the 3D file and there is a place on the back that has the screw holes, I just need a clamp like the one shown above to hold them in place have I understood correctly?

Last question say for the Dayton tweeter which has a face plate, does that come off?

I have a question on how waveguides are designed.

Let's say I want a bigger 12" version of Augerpro's T25B waveguides. Since Augerpro has an optimized version of a 6" T25B waveguide. Does that mean scaling up to 12" would be a trivial task because it would keep all the throat geometries the same, but just scale the side walls another 6"?

Or does the optimization start from scratch for a larger waveguide and none of the work on the smaller dimension waveguides translate for a larger dimension waveguide of the same tweeter?

Thanks

@augerpro

As the Peerless/Vifa OT19NC00-04 is in backorder until second semester of 2022, is there any chance we look for a replacement under USD$20 to use these great waveguides?

Let me know if you have any model in mind, maybe I can buy them and drop ship them to you, and you can ship them back once you finish.

Cheers.