Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2019, 02:15 PM   #371
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Would it make sense to start a central repository for the various 3D files, for instance on github? It gets a bit tricky to find the various files posted here and there in this thread.
Old 14th May 2019, 05:47 PM   #372
augerpro is offline augerpro  United States
diyAudio Member

I keep meaning to get my website rebuilt, so it would all be there, with commentary, plots, etc. Just haven't done it yet. I'm working night shift over the next 5 days so I'll see what I can get done then. I REALLY wish diyaudio would just allow edits to posts and I'd update the first post.
Old 14th May 2019, 07:07 PM   #373
next667 is offline next667
diyAudio Member

@auger and @gaga thanks for all the hard work so far.
Theoretical results look amazing. Im gonna register and do some google translating
Old 14th May 2019, 07:44 PM   #374
Gaga is offline Gaga  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot next667!
Kudos go to augerpro for his ongoing fantastic work here.
I'm really happy to support as far as possible. However, very little time actually. So, please be patient, if I respond with delay.
I'm working on a WG for an AMT actually. A bit slow, but I update in teh German forum from time to time. WGs for dome tweeters are very well covered here by augerpros work...
Old 15th May 2019, 01:50 AM   #375
1hiep0 is offline 1hiep0  United States
diyAudio Member

Default skp

[QUOTE=bwaslo;5428868]Here's my basic design for a Unity horn type 3D printed throat in case anyone wants to take on the task.

STL file for printing: [QUOTE]
Would releasing an editable form be possible .i.e. SKP?

Old 15th May 2019, 08:59 AM   #376
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by augerpro View Post
...and both are circular for maximum CTC to the midrange...
I agree that shaving some space to allow close mounting of the tweeter and midrange driver makes sense in general.

However, I just realised that with the drivers used in the Monkey Coffin project, the distance between the tweeter and the midrange is limited by the size of the (huge!) magnet of the midrange driver, not by the waveguide. I would therefore be very interested in a round version of the Scan Speak waveguide. Basically a "clone" of the WG148 would be cool. The advantage of this would be that it's easier for builders to make a circular cut-out of on the baffle, and it would be easy-peasy to fit the Scan Speak tweeter to the waveguide (which is a bit tricky with the WG148).

How much work would it be to modify the existing oval design (for example the 5" version A) to a circular waveguide with an external diameter of 148 mm?
Old 15th May 2019, 05:13 PM   #377
diyAudio Member

probably easy, but it will measure differently. I can work on it tonight and post something.
Old 15th May 2019, 05:43 PM   #378
diyAudio Member

Quote:
probably easy, but it will measure differently.
Sure! I'd guess it would work out similar to a WG148.

Quote:
I can work on it tonight and post something.
I might just have a go at it and compare measurements from the circular and oval versions, and also the WG148 (which I modified to fit the Scan tweeter).
Old 17th May 2019, 08:42 PM   #379
Arnandsway is offline Arnandsway  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is there any significant changes made between v2 and v3?
(I hope not, because yesterday the v2 version came printed out )
Old 17th May 2019, 11:03 PM   #380
diyAudio Member

I just made a tweak to make it one body, since this was an issue with the CNC company Matthias used. So no real difference.

Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!Hide this!Advertise here!