Some speaker driver measurements...

If I were making a such speaker today, I would try to cross c90+c25 at 2-2.5kHz by 2.5-3 order filter. It sounds better for me than 4th LR.

Thanks for your comments! When I will have installed my system, I will be able to easily experiment any crossover frequencies. I just need to make the right purchase... So I'm totally convinced about the C90 as midrange, and the S280 is also a top bass driver...
For the tweeter I'm in doubt... between the C25 or Scan Speak Beryllium (Illuminator)
Ribbons and AMTs are excluded! They have too many dispersion issues given my habits to listen to music while moving in the room.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments! When I will have installed my system, I will be able to easily experiment any crossover frequencies. I just need to make the right purchase... So I'm totally convinced about the C90 as midrange, and the S280 is also a top bass driver...
For the tweeter I'm in doubt... between the C25 or Scan Speak Beryllium Illuminoator?
Ribbons and AMTs are excluded! They have too many dispersion issues given my habits to listen to music while moving in the room...
I'm not familiar with TL products, so can't comment here. As for Be tweeters - I would advise take a look at the BlieSMa T25B-6.

It's not clear to me how this driver can be rated 5 out of 5 stars when it has a huge distortion peak at 820 Hz... energy storage in the breakup region, e.g. around 4kHz, etc. This thing is currently available at the price $341 each. At that price it should be performing a bit better, no?

Posssibly because the driver has exceptionally low third harmonic distortion below 400c/s where it would most likely be crossed over to a suitable midrange driver. It is a very high price for such little benefit but that is ScanSpeak for you.They just price themselves out of the market for DIY'ers.

C.M

It's not clear to me how this driver can be rated 5 out of 5 stars when it has a huge distortion peak at 820 Hz... energy storage in the breakup region, e.g. around 4kHz, etc. This thing is currently available at the price $341 each. At that price it should be performing a bit better, no?
This driver is a woofer, so I don't rate its behavior at 820 Hz. Overall, as a woofer it is a very good driver[emoji846]