Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Some speaker driver measurements...
Some speaker driver measurements... Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th December 2019, 10:46 PM   #621
Oneminde is offline Oneminde  Sweden
diyAudio Member

A an act of "desperation" .. , well, if they have a backup plan or parts and solutions reserved for another series but want to use it now as they have multiple drivers planned for the Satori TX series. There are only two drivers besides the MW16TX which can be considered new and they were recently talk about in the thread. Other than that, not much.

I am sure we'll know soon enough what SBA is up to
Old 10th December 2019, 11:13 PM   #622
Zvu is offline Zvu  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Not at all. I firmly believe that manufacturers give performance by tea spoon and only when they absolutely have to. A simple detail like shape of the pole piece and copper sleeve or ring make class difference in measured performance (sadly, also in price). Those are well known things for decades now (Philips woofers that are about 30+ years old have copper sleeves over their pole piece). What about less known details you can use to further improve measured performance ? Doesn't make a difference in production cost but doing something certain way will/can improve performance (few known are shape and size of the pole piece vent, type of vc former and are there vents in it, symmetrical spider, cone edge cuts, and so on...). Going full on with performance, firing from all weapons i have seen only from small manufacturers of raw drivers and in flagship products of a few well known companies.

I really think that people would wet their panties if someone would measure dual concentric from Kef Blade II or any of the drivers from Vivid audio Giya G1 Spirit.

Last edited by Zvu; 10th December 2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11th December 2019, 04:51 AM   #623
diyAudio Member

Yeah I get that
Old 11th December 2019, 02:34 PM   #624
lowmass is offline lowmass  United States
diyAudio Member

not exactly what your lookin for but perhaps of interest

Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirit loudspeaker Measurements | Stereophile.com
Old 11th December 2019, 02:54 PM   #625
Bill poster is offline Bill poster  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneminde View Post
Initial production issues ?
No not at all. Sounds like they took the decision as a precaution and to guarantee top QC.
Old 11th December 2019, 05:56 PM   #626
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill poster View Post
No not at all. Sounds like they took the decision as a precaution and to guarantee top QC.
How do you get access to such inside info, did they publish it ?
Old 13th December 2019, 01:11 PM   #627
HiFiCompass is offline HiFiCompass  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by augerpro View Post
Pretty tall for a metal dome. Thanks!
I would like to note that datasheet I gave you a link to contains drawings of a preliminery version of T25, which has six mounting holes. In a series version will be three holes placed at the same diameter circle.
Old 13th December 2019, 10:06 PM   #628
Zvu is offline Zvu  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Giya G2 measures ridiculously good regarding distortion at Soundstage. I'd really like to se how Giya G1 spirit measures distortion wise with new 6" midrange cone breakup being at 10.5kHz and 2" dome midrange with breakup above 20kHz. As a reminder, NRC measured distortion in Giya G2 at 95dB/2m distance - equivalent to 101dB at 1m distance. Not naive conditions for any loudspeaker out there.

Best measuring of all (that i was interested to look) at Sounstage are Giya G2, Kef R11 and Focal Sopra No2. Blade 2 measurements i can not comment untill i see the whole distortion profile and where it comes from. I'd really like to see that driver measured - what ever the outcome might be.
Old 14th December 2019, 08:10 AM   #629
audiogod66 is offline audiogod66
diyAudio Member

Many thanks and Happy Christmas to hificompass.com I am getting in early 😊 the driver testing is just priceless- seriously I might be using Bose drivers and lightbulbs in my system without this information
Old 14th December 2019, 09:28 AM   #630
wintermute is offline wintermute  Australia
just another
diyAudio Moderator

I've deleted the OT/somewhat political posts.

Thanks Oneminde for highlighting and thanks Zvu for letting me know, It really makes our jobs easy when people take responsibility for mistakes they have made!

Some speaker driver measurements...Hide this!Advertise here!