Some speaker driver measurements...

2.5kH is also fine - I know I love the C25 tweeter, I have not heard the T25B-6 and the cost roughly the same ... the Be has better 25kHz+ response which affect the IMD. One can ofc test a 4th order passband on the C25 to tame the cone breakup at 35kH...

I think want to build with the C25 and C90 together with SBA TX woofers, I believe in that... hopefully independent reviews of the TX woofers support my hopes of high transient woofers.

Last edited:
I noticed something interesting.

5” SB15CAC30-8 - Mms 10.7 g - Cms 1.88 mm/N - Magnetic flux density 1.0 T - Magnet weight 0.54 kg
5″ SATORI MW13TX-8 - Mms 7.3 g - Cms 2.19 mm/N - Magnetic flux density 1.08 T - Magnet weight 0.1 kg

:D

I am working on my transient perfect loudspeaker .... so, yeah...

You forgot an important component of that comparison, as those are not in fact the same size driver.

SB15CAC30-8 (150mm) - Sd 82cm^2
MW13TX-8 (130mm) - Sd 70cm^2

The comparison would be that SB15CAC is 117% of the surface area, and 146% the moving mass. What effect on transient response? None at all, only sensitivity is affected. For an idea of transient response you need to look no further than the frequency response of the driver, the new Satori TX look quite good in this regard.

CAC = 0,13g/cm^2
TX = 0,10g/cm^2 ... so per any given Sd, the TeXtreme is ligher :)

The TX is more refined in that it behaves better (more linear), has a more gentle cone breakup and further up in frequency and higher sensitivity. So, the TX should sound cleaner than the CAC. But we don't know the harmonic content of the TX material yet.