Some speaker driver measurements...

There is a new fabulous review of a not so new but fabulous midrange:
https://hificompass.com/en/reviews/bliesma-m142a-6-7-almg-dome-midrange
With the latest price of Beryllium M74B it's actually a chassis to think about ... combined with T34B and a few 12" ... would be a nice main speaker for cinema at ATMOS reverence level.

@HiFiCompass
Do you have a chance to do the impedance measurement with the optimised rear chamber and maybe THD at least at one voltage level? Would be very interesting to see if the 1kHz impedance step resolves 100%.
To be honest that change would be worth to do a complete new datasheet for the driver ...

Reactions: 1 user
Yes coat all cones to get a 1st hand experience of ruining cones with LTS50 from Visaton , those experts of doing stuff unchanged for 30 years and more!

Your MW16P & SBA will love it :)

Of course german products are the best! (please repeat to make it a religion)
I got your idea.

But damping is nothing new, just some basic physics and you don't need a high-tech material to achieve that. If you haven't check my thread:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...o-fostex-drivers-ff125wk-and-fe103sol.390479/

ATC has been doing that for more than 30 years. The SB150 cone is soft and sticky.

I'm interesting in doing that on MW16p is that I feel the cone is on "lively" side, one might feel the same when hear it running full-range. I won't be doing it on my WF182BD04 or 18M-8631 as they already have smooth sound.

Reactions: 1 user
And the design you propose is just what I have been thinking about...
It's more or less what I do at the moment with M74A/B - combine with 2x 12" and T25B or T34B, depending on the SPL you need. Lowering the crossover to the 12" is not 100% needed but would do no harm. Even a bigger coil for the midrange is also interesting. And T34B can be crossed over pretty low.

For a free standing speaker (Cinema speaker are on/in wall speaker in my designs) you could also use 4x 12" (2 at the back) but this would be a really BIG speaker. As price is obviously no issue for such a project :D 4x 10" Purify would make a way more living room friendly speaker.
What a monster ... :cool:

Reactions: 2 users
It's more or less what I do at the moment with M74A/B - combine with 2x 12" and T25B or T34B, depending on the SPL you need. Lowering the crossover to the 12" is not 100% needed but would do no harm. Even a bigger coil for the midrange is also interesting. And T34B can be crossed over pretty low.
I have followed you closely on the other threads (the dome midrange one, I think). I have had a thread in mind where I seek guidance (including yours) on the possible combinations of T25B, 34B, 74B, and 142A (there are many), have collected the links to all the waveguides I could find for the tweeters, etc. My front wall is torn down to the studs for an acoustical remodel, that bringing in more combinations and permutations, ugh. I am much more of a lurker, always reluctant to start threads, but I suppose it is time...

Bill

Reactions: 1 users