Some speaker driver measurements...

Hi HiFiCompass,

is there a chance of getting Dynavox DX 156 measured? It is a very unexpensive waveguide tweeter, perhaps of not so much interest to the most of the audiophiles, but possibly good enough to be deployed in a solid stereo on the budget. Thank you in advance!

Hi HiFiCompass,

is there a chance of getting Dynavox DX 156 measured? It is a very unexpensive waveguide tweeter, perhaps of not so much interest to the most of the audiophiles, but possibly good enough to be deployed in a solid stereo on the budget. Thank you in advance!

These are cheap china imports sold in germany and adjancing countries under the label "Dynavox" (which has nothing to do with the company dynavox which existed decades ago)... They have some good stuff (considering the money it costs), but I doubt they are available in this form outside middle europe.. They don´t have international distribution like "real" loudspeaker manufacturers. Probably they are sold under different brands somewhere else in the world, since they are simply china-relabeled-oem speakers.

Anyone have some thoughts on good use cases for the AMTPRO-4? I've always thought it looks like an interesting driver, but I have a hard time seeing how to use it since it starts becoming directive on the horizontal axis above 3-4 kHz and it doesn't seem like it would want to go much below 1 kHz at any volume. Maybe pair with a 3/4" tweeter or something like Dayton's AMT Mini-8?

These were at the Midwest Expo in Des Moines last fall. They were some of the finest sounding speakers I've ever heard.

Attachments

• speaker.JPG
    speaker.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 559
Thank you for providing the measurements.

Anyone have some thoughts on good use cases for the AMTPRO-4? I've always thought it looks like an interesting driver, but I have a hard time seeing how to use it since it starts becoming directive on the horizontal axis above 3-4 kHz and it doesn't seem like it would want to go much below 1 kHz at any volume. Maybe pair with a 3/4" tweeter or something like Dayton's AMT Mini-8?

I think you mean vertical axis. After experimenting for a while, I put my pair of PRO-4 drivers away because of this.

The PRO-4 might be good without a tweeter in a 2-way desktop speaker. Sitting at a desk, you'd always be in the sweet spot, so the narrow verticals wouldn't matter.

It seems like a very nice implementation of AMTPRO-4 and AMT2-4:)

Yes. Maybe I should retrieve mine and try a similar layout. I'd use a conventional tweeter, to get higher sensitivity than the mini AMT.

Last edited: