Some speaker driver measurements...

My dear friends!

This year HiFiCompass.com is going to celebrate its first small jubilee - the fifth anniversary since its founding. All this time it has kept afloat and moved forward entirely by my own efforts, enthusiasm and adherence to highest quality audio. I have been doing my best to create a uniform, free access and open database of the most reliable objective measurements of the characteristics of speaker drivers, also have been sharing with you my subjective impressions and reviews. I believe that introducing the world audio community to more speakers at a deeper technical level than was previously available to everyone, as well as helping to understand “who is who?” actually in the world of speaker drivers, I succeeded to a certain extent. I hope that I will be able to continue my work and delight you with new measurements, reviews, and projects.

However, the time has come, a very difficult time has come for me, for my people, for my country. I ask for support from all the not indifferent users of my website, all those whom it helped in solving their own tasks, who were interested in spending time on it, and all those who would like to continue its existence and development. It is very important for me and it would be very nice to feel grateful feedback from you.

Be sure that a piece of your Goodness will definitely reach and live in the Heart of a person who needs it or who has suffered as a result of the terrible situation in Ukraine. “Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire” – Schindler’s List

You can support the website through the PayPal payment system: hificompass@gmail.com

Please leave your name and country in the comments to the donation.

To all of you, peace and happiness!

• Thank You
Reactions: 33 users
Confirmation that the funds will be available tomorrow 03/20/2022. I am so thankful that you are surviving the hell that your country is going through. I wish that I could do even more. I would give a brotherly hug to you if I could. I pray for peace, safety, and healing for all of your countrymen and women, and children. Godspeed, brother. Glenn.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Many, many thanks for you support and kind words, my friends.🤝

I'm sorry, but it is impossible to do new measurements until the war ends. But there is a good news - there are some recently finished measurements, which I have not published yet but will try do it in coming days. They are include SEAS 27TAC/GB, ScanSpeak D2404/5520 and others. If nothing interferes, the review of the Purifi PTT6.5X04-NAA-08 will be published by the end of the next week.

Reactions: 13 users
My 2 pair weren't well matched as pairs, but I was able to correct and improve the 2 that were different, to the point of being better than the stock units that were in spec. One from each pair matched well, with one from each pair being off.

I REALLY like these!

For reference:
https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discu...-gb-some-facts-some-opinions-and-some-data/p1
Thanks, it was very interesting to read. I think the impedance mismatch was caused by an air leak between the top plate and the voice coil/dome assembly. This is one of the reasons why the mounting flange in the DX25TG/XT25TG (and all of the Scan-Speak tweeters with a wide surround and additional cavities incorporated in a plastic "voice coil/dome" supporting frame) is glued (sealed).

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Thank you!

About the weird distortion at 200 Hz, how come this doesn't show up in other measurements (as I recall)? Is it just that the baffle built this time is not as good as they usually are?

the distortion is so low (-70dB!) from 300Hz to 2Khz that 200Hz sticks out and appears higher at -60dB

But compare it to the ScanSpeak Ellipticor. Or fibre cone Purifi.

A tour de force!

Bravo Lars!