Peerless 830869 + SB26ADC-04 crossover help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eelco,

Also this, Floyd Toole tells in his presentation, you can get a good idea of the speaker power if you measure what he calls " the room curve" of the speaker.
The power curve fits rather good on the room curve above 200Hz up to almost 10kHz.

If I have the more detailed information about the measurement of the speaker room curve, I will post here. Toole has written a lot of AES articles, somewhere it will be described probably.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you for sharing the info. Still, the procedure you describe is indeed indirect and based on calcuation from a set of on- and off-axis SPL measurements.
I am familiar with the work of Floyd Toole and happen to own his book. The Youtube presentation, however, is new to me.

Regards,
Eelco

Eelco

Mayuri
How is that peerless pairing with it ??
The Peerless seems to work nicely with the SB tweeter. I've tried the Peerless with ScanSpeak D2010 with a higher XO, but the 8" woofer needs to be crossed low.

I put a 0,33Ohm resistor in series before tweeter crossover. Treble seems better now, even shriller songs don't bother anymore. Still on the bucket list is redoing with finish with glossy lacquer to fit the subwoofers better, beeswax finish just looks dull in comparison.

Hi everyone,

You might want to look at Troel's design for a similar two way. Thanks to System7 (Steve) for pointing it out. I think this is essentially the same woofer.

Peerless HDS PPB 830860

He does use a different tweeter, and it's no longer clear if he means the ScanSpeak or Peerless version (which are almost but NOT actually identical)

If so this should fit into the smallest Dayton enclosures, about 0.3 ft3

I think he's taken kind of a middle road to baffle step compensation. It's not perfectly compensated, but it also isn't super low efficient at 85 dB.

Best,

E

Last edited:
Not sure why I missed the comments, but the 830860 is a 5" woofer, while 830869 is a 8" woofer. If you use them in same enclosure, you will have a bad time. My enclosure is about 28l sealed. Can't remember the f3, but in-room the response goes easily to 50Hz in a small room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.